Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Object Identification Issue for Client Server application in QTP 11
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 2 Weeks ago
Hi,

I am encountering an issue with QTP 11 object identification as QTP identifies object differently in 2 different machines though its same OS And other configurations.

Application developed in dot net.

Add button identified in Machine1 is as follows
Code:
Window("FlexNet Manager Suite").Window("Flexera Software\FlexNet").ActiveX("ManageSoft ComplianceManagerRe").SwfObject("Add").Click

Add button object identified in Machine2 is as follows
Code:
Window("FlexNet Manager Suite").Window("Flexera Software\FlexNet").WinObject("&Add...").Click

Overall In machine1 there is ActiveX before Swfobject where as Machine2 does not show ActiveX.

Please advice on the issue & thanks for the help in advance.

Note:
OS installed on both machine : Windows XP
QTP Version : 11.0
Application Type : Client Server
Add-Ins loaded on both machine : Same

Thanks,
Prashanth
Does machine 2 have the same activeX version? Is it enabled?
All plug in's the same?
All parameters the same?
Is the ordering of the recognition parameters the same?
On Machine 2, have you opened the application before opening QTP?
Yes, on both machines Same Active X version & is enabled.
Also all Plug-ins and parameters are same.

No, QTP first & then application.
Hello.

Please also take a look at this: https://www.learnqtp.com/forums/archive/...-4599.html

Although I've never seen this issue before, yet I'd like to hazard a guess. To summarize, you say that all the configuration on the two machines appears to be the same and yet QTP doesn't recognize the specific ActiveX Object on the second machine.

First, check this in the QTP installation on the second machine:

1. Go to Tools -> Object Identification.
2. Select the Environment: ActiveX
3. Click on the Test Object Class named "ActiveX"
4. On the right-hand side, check if the mandatory property is progid. Are there any other things in there? Does this part match with the settings in the first machine? Do you have "Enable Smart Identification" checked?

If the first test didn't yield any leads, then I'd think that, for some reason, the registry entries on the second machine for ManageSoft aren't properly configured. Please note that this is just a guess and I'm unsure whether this will lead us anywhere.

If you've tried everything else and are still clueless, you may want to try comparing the following at each step on both machines:

1. Run regedit using the Run Dialog. You need Admin Rights.
2. Expand HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT. Initially, you would see a lot of file extensions. Just scroll down until you spot ManageSoft or ManageSoft Corp.
3. Expand that node and reach for the CLSID node.
4. On the right-hand side, you will see a key. Double-click on that and copy the value.
5. Go to Edit -> Find and search for the CLSID you just copied.
6. When you get to the other key under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\THE_KEY_YOU_COPIED.
7. Carefully note the values of various keys and their names. You'd also find the progid in here.

At each step, just compare if the Key/Value pairs are exactly the same on both the machines.

Please do this very carefully and make sure you don't edit anything in there. Changing anything inadvertently may make your system malfunction in mysterious ways.

Have you tried to get in touch with HP about this? If yes, what was their take?

Please let me know if this got you anywhere.

Thanks,
Light.
Its quite interesting solution. Will try & let you know the result.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QTP License Server Upgrade connect_harish 0 727 04-12-2019, 10:20 PM
Last Post: connect_harish
Exclamation Dev Express (15.2) application crash issue with UFT 14.0 Manoj Surela 0 1,280 11-26-2018, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Manoj Surela
  Unable to identify Child Object for a window application created using C#. ssanjeev 3 5,899 03-27-2017, 05:38 AM
Last Post: ankita
  Object identification in Polymer UI Karthikeyang143 0 1,517 11-03-2016, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Karthikeyang143
  OTA Client Cleanup Test? Autobot 0 1,816 08-25-2015, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Autobot