Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Object Name changes every time
Not Solved
Hi,

I have one webpage,having number of checkboxes, and their name changes every time I open this webpage.

I need to set one particular checkbox.

Can any one help me out of this.

Regards:
TurtleRock
Not Solved
use DP to search for the text of the checkbox to set, then the name won't matter.

Code:
Dim chkobj
Set chkobj= Description.Create()
chkobj("html tag").Value = "input"
chkobj("type").Value = "checkbox"
chkobj("text").Value =  "" 'text you need here...removing this will return all checkboxes on a page as an array that you can loop through below.

dim myobjs
set myobjs = Browser("Browser").Page("Page").ChildObjects(chkobj)
myobjs.set "ON"  'change to myobjs(id).Set "ON" if returning an array of objects.
the above code might not be perfect. I have 5 or 6 functions in a framework that combine functionality to return arrays of objects from the pages and then make decisions on which one I am looking for based on multiple critieria, so I had to strip all that down into this simple code. Hope this helps and points you in the right direction.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Object identification is taking too much time JACKSPARROW 0 1,586 01-17-2017, 11:08 AM
Last Post: JACKSPARROW
  QTP not recogonising object during run time Lavanya N 2 3,528 10-28-2015, 12:46 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  Object not recognising at run time srtanniru.test 2 2,338 12-16-2010, 05:07 AM
Last Post: srtanniru.test
  At run time, object could not be found by QTP (WinListView) thotamurali 7 8,657 11-19-2010, 08:46 PM
Last Post: thotamurali
  find the property value of a run time object reejais 3 3,164 10-28-2010, 04:27 PM
Last Post: reejais