Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Object Runtime Proprities
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
What are Run Time Object Proprities and Run Time Objects ? Are they both same. Do all object types (e.g button, radio button, links etc)- have the same set of RO Proprities. How to identify them ? Please help me with these clarifications.
Hi,

The Objects on Application... which are identified by QTP are called Run Time Objects... with some properties... Those properties called Run Time Object properties.

If you use Object Spy, It will provide all the Run time object properties for all Object Types (Button, EditBox, ComboBox... etc.,)
As per my understanding, the objects/proprities that are NOT recognized by QTP, are called Ro objects. The state of the objects can be known only during the test execution. Please correct me if I am wrong.
No, it has nothing to do with being recognized by QTP. If there were no difference, they would not have different names.

Simply stated, Runtime Objects (RO) are the properties of an application's object during runtime. QTP recognizes that when you are recording (or scripting) an application any object within it may have one set of values (Test Object or TO values). Once the application is running, the object may have a different set of properties (values) due to the state of the application. These values are the Runtime (RO) properties (values).
Runtime Objects are the Objects on application during runtime...
Test Objects are the resembles of Runtime Objects stored in Object Repository...

QTP uses these Test Objects properties to identify the Runtime Objects during runtime... If testobject properties are not matching with the runtime object properties... Object will not be identify and the step will be failed.

Object (Test or runtime) have collection of properties. they are called (Test/Runtime) Object properties.
Hi..

Test Object:

An objcet that resides in Object Repositry and which QTP use while running script is called Test Object.

Run Time Objcet:

An object that actually presents in the application is called Run Time Object.

While running script QTP compares Test Object with Run Time Object to check Object Existsence in the application.

If both object properties match..
it identified object & performs action.. as u specified.
else
throws an error like "Object can not be Identified"..

Thanx

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  webfile web object not identified at runtime in a java application saila123 1 2,650 02-11-2015, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Kirill
  Runtime Object Identification Problem qapandit 9 5,893 07-02-2013, 04:14 AM
Last Post: qapandit
  Help on - Handle Runtime object in QTP geom 3 4,557 11-16-2010, 05:34 AM
Last Post: geom