Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Object Spy does not detect objects
Not Solved
Hi,

I am a beginner. I was going through the QTP tutorial to learn the basics.

In chapter: HP QuickTest Professional Tutorial > Creating Object Repositories > Learning Objects in Your Application, they tell you how to use object spy, in order to display object class and name (Step no. 5). That is, when you pin object spy to the right hand side of your screen click on the hand symbol, and redirect your mouse to user name text box on http://newtours.demoaut.com/, the the hierarchy box should display object name and class as WebEdit:userName.

However, the problem I am facing here is; when I move my mouse over the website, I get only one kind of object class all over, WinObject. It considers the entire screen as a single object instead of counting sub objects on the browser differently.

Please help me figure out the problem and resolve this issue. I am unable to go ahead Sad
Not Solved
if the spy recognizing web objects as Winobjects. make sure you launch QTP first. then launch the applicaton in browser.

Not Solved
Still doesn't work Sad Infact i even installed the Add-ons required by qtp11 to support IE9 and 64-bit. Now it detects every object as WinEdit or so.
Not Solved
Swathi is right if you still face the problem do a normal recording and observe, it should work.

-Dinesh
Not Solved
Still doesn't work Sad Infact i even installed the Add-ons required by qtp11 to support IE9 and 64-bit. Now it detects every object as WinEdit or so.
Not Solved
Hi All,
I am facing the same problem. Did you find a solution? If anyone knows how to fix it please help me. I just have 8 days left on my QTP trial.
Thank you
-Sree

None of the methods suggested fixed the issue.When I tried to record to get hold of the objects its recording everything as "WinObjects". I tried using different browsers. Its still the same.
Not Solved
Hi,
This will happen when you are using the wrongversionof IE9 with QTP on 64bit mac.

Can you share the screenshot with what version of QTP you are using? (IE>Tools>About IE) So that Can assist you....
Thanks,
SUpputuri
Not Solved
I think you guys are using Windows 7.
I think recording also is not working.
In Windows 7 there is something called as UAC( User Account Settings). Bring it to lowest level and it will work.
Here is the link from MS to get it down: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975787
This happens because of the UAC. There are other ways of changing UAC settings. Look into those if the above help does not work. I have tried on 2 systems and it fixes the problem. Fixed Spy and Recording issues.

Let us know what happened!!
This will work for any version of IEs. It works with IE 6 but it comes with XP only.
So you guys are using IE8 or IE9. I have tested it worked fine with both 8 and 9 on 2 different systems respectively.
Not Solved
Hi There,

I am getting the same issue...when I use object spy its recording all object properties as Winobjects.
Even after dropping the User accoutn settings to lowest level as suggested above.
Does anyone knows the solution for this issue?

Thanks,
Akhile
Not Solved
If you are on windows7 and Qtp does not recognize and unable to record, in this case you need two plugin to make qtp record on windows 7, Find these plugins QTPWEB_00037 and QTP_00644 and install.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Collecting Objects And Object State At Runtime zunebuggy 3 1,522 11-22-2017, 02:37 PM
Last Post: supputuri
  object spy not recognizing object.. pleaseeeee help Sonia Sadeque 3 3,161 12-22-2016, 02:42 PM
Last Post: ishan.mahajan@adp.com
  Object Spy window is not getting hidden Neetha 2 2,775 08-28-2015, 01:27 PM
Last Post: balak89
  Object Spy not detecting items in C ICL AndyBSG 5 3,986 11-28-2014, 09:32 PM
Last Post: AndyBSG
  How to add all objects manually in object repository rajaselvan.d 2 12,452 10-10-2014, 05:08 PM
Last Post: nivedita