Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Object Spy gives different results
Not Solved
Hello,

I am writing desciptive programming in visual basic window. When I click a vbbutton using object spy, I get vbname = "continue".

But when another person click on the same button using object spy, he gets vbname = blank.

Any idea why am i getting value but he is not.

Please help.

S
Not Solved
Is he spying on the same machine, probably the machine is haunted.(sorry about the pun Smile )

Well, this should not happen, unless there are some QTP installation problems or the focus is on some other window. Why dont you restart the machine, open qtp first and then open the application and try again.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
two different machines. both machines have the same qtp version/build, same vbappllication. I tried restarting the machine. No luck.

I wrote a script in DP but when I run the script in his machine it fails. Then, I used the object spy and saw that some properties have no value in his machine but I do.

I am lost.
Not Solved
Probably could be the add-ins. Did you check if the Addins on his machines are selected and loaded?
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
We both have the same add-ins selected and installed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WinObject is always detected by Spy javierchen 0 1,764 03-09-2015, 09:27 PM
Last Post: javierchen
  Disabled Webelement is showing up as Visible =True in GUI Spy Shwethareddy 3 3,606 11-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Ankesh
  Browser name property is empty when QTP spy wshrutika 4 3,212 10-05-2012, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wshrutika
Question I cannot spy the object vijaykarthikmouli 0 1,897 08-30-2011, 05:47 PM
Last Post: vijaykarthikmouli