Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Object identification Issue
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi,

I am troubled with a weird kind of object not found error. I have this object in my repository (checkboxes and radio buttons) which is not identified by QTP while executing the script. But when I stop the script run and by opening OR click on the object and then "Highlight in the application" button it highlights the object on the application. It does not identifies it during run time. I do not understand why is it so????

I have used html id/name properties of these checkboxes and radio buttons. I have parameterized it as well, as there is some numerical value which keeps on changing.

but strange is that it clearly identifies the object while script is not running.

Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated. Thank you!
Hi,
I bet you have used regular expression and I saw some cases with QTP 10 where we use regular expression, we are facing this situation. Checkout, it should work once you remove the regular expression.
You can use "SetTOProperty" to set the value without using regular expression.

Let me know your output.
Thanks,
SUpputuri
Thanks for your response mate!!!

Ok, but while using SetTOProperty I will have to use regular expression for the value, am I right?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Enabling Smart Identification for SAP Gui object prasanna.kale5@gmail.com 0 846 12-05-2019, 08:04 PM
Last Post: prasanna.kale5@gmail.com
  Object identification is taking too much time JACKSPARROW 0 1,592 01-17-2017, 11:08 AM
Last Post: JACKSPARROW
  Object Identification approach sams001 2 2,394 06-29-2016, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Ankesh
Shy Java Swing application objects identification issue kavithaminu 2 3,152 07-22-2015, 02:07 AM
Last Post: uftuser18
  Uft 12 - Identification of Google Chrome Object's Property value as plain text teja2730 0 2,459 02-02-2015, 05:22 PM
Last Post: teja2730