Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Object not found in object repository Even it exists There
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
I am getting one error that

The "customer[mobile_number]" object was not found in the Object Repository.
Check the Object Repository to confirm that the object exists or to find the correct name for the object.

on following line OF Code

Code:
StrMobileNO = Browser("mySite").Page("mysite").WebEdit("customer[mobile_number]").GetTOProperty("Text")

i have make sure that in object repository The object "customer[mobile_number]" does exist.

Can any one tell me i mistake i m doing
Few things you should try -
1.from the OR select the object and perform the higlight in the application. It should throw the same error. Does it?
2. Let me be nostradamus for the moment and predict that it does. Add the object and see what is the property which has changed?

Lets sail a bit before we dock at the shore.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
I have done what You said But its does not throw any error on doing that
aah..i was expecting the bad news. Well, does the webedit object gets higlighted when you do that ?
Are there multiple instances of the same application open?
would you attach a spy shot of the webedit object. That would be helpful.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
The problem is resolved .I just created New Test and used the same script This time it worked .may be I had created duplicate Object By mistake and it was messed up.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Object not found during the 2nd iteration of an Action call in a For loop BGunay 0 854 04-23-2020, 07:08 PM
Last Post: BGunay
  object spy not recognizing object.. pleaseeeee help Sonia Sadeque 3 3,171 12-22-2016, 02:42 PM
Last Post: ishan.mahajan@adp.com
  Do we need object repository?? subhashinid 0 1,863 07-06-2016, 10:07 AM
Last Post: subhashinid
  Report Viewer showing hundreds of WebElement.Exists? themoon 1 2,222 03-09-2016, 02:43 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  When trying to recognize the object in QTP, each object is recognized as “WinObject:S geetasarvadnya 2 3,470 10-28-2015, 12:34 PM
Last Post: vinod123