Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Object not getting identified
Not Solved
Suppose I record a page like yahoo account creation. I save the same. I replay it back and it runs successfully. After sometime, when i try to rerun the same sometime later in the day or next day, it fails saying the object cannot be identified. When I rerun the same later it runs again successfully. why is the behavious seen in QTP and how to trouble shoot this problem?
Not Solved
Hi,

I have been having the same issue with QTP 10. I am testing a web application developed with icefaces. The objects are in the repository from recording and occasionally the run is successful. Other times the objects are not recognised. Using the spy tool it sees 'page' but no objects. Sometimes it is solved by restarting or refreshing the browser.

Some help regarding this would be helpful.
Not Solved
Hi viv_karthy,

Please make sure that you don't have any other browser opened while running the scripts ( I am assuming that in the OR for Browser you might have creation time for identifying the Browser object uniquly.) If not please let me know.

viv_karthy & CBrad please make sure that the Browser is opened once the QTP launched otherwise QTP will idetify the object upto page level only.

Let me know if you need more info.
Thanks,
SUpputuri
Not Solved
Hi QTPKing,

I still get the issue where objects are not recognised. I Load QTP first then the Web Browser and start the web application. It happens on any of the pages where objects are just not seen by QTP. I have the web add in selected. Using the object spy QTP sees Browser>page but no objects on the page. A refresh of the browser usually solves the problem however this issue is a real problem when executing the tests i have created. If I encounter the problem while recording i can stop, refresh and sart recording again.

Do you have any idea what the problem could be???
Not Solved
Hmmmmmmmm it’s unforeseen, let us keep an eye on this issue guys.
Thanks,
SUpputuri

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Oracle Objects not identified by UFT 12.02 Deepnara 0 2,071 08-21-2017, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Deepnara
  Not Identified Drop Down Field using QTP 11.52 sunkumaranr 0 2,255 09-25-2014, 01:12 PM
Last Post: sunkumaranr
  In QTP 11, Browser is getting identified as Window priyaang 5 3,597 03-27-2014, 12:59 PM
Last Post: priyaang
  Java Objects are not identified abdul.2010 0 2,864 09-13-2013, 07:01 PM
Last Post: abdul.2010
  Flex objects are not being identified by QTP naziyaf 1 3,723 05-14-2011, 12:42 AM
Last Post: Miken Gandhi