Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Object repositories and libraties not pulled through in imports
Not Solved
Please assist

Am trying to run my test from another machine so I have exported it from my normal machine to the one that I want to use. Problem is that when the test gets to the next machine it does not pull my libraries and object repositoories through. I can safely say that its got something to do with the new machine because any other machine that I tried exporting this test to pulled all those things through and I was able to run form the other machines. Any idea what the problem could be? See attached screenshot
Not Solved
Generally, we should have shared folder which can be accessed across machine so that we won't go into this kind of issues.

Here is the possible problem area.
Step1: compare the path of the folders (libraries and OR) on both the machines.
This should be same.
Step2: Navigate to 'Resources > Associate Repositories' - check the OR path.
Step3: Navigate to 'Tools > Options> Folders' - check if any absolute paths are defined here (should be either relative path or we should add the path dynamically)
Step4: Navigate to 'File > Settings> Resources' - check for any absolute path and update them accordingly (relative/dynamic approach)

Hope this should solve issue. Let me know if you need any more help on this.
Thanks,
SUpputuri
Not Solved

Hi

Tx a lot am now able to execute the test from a different machine Cool
Not Solved
closing the thread as the issue is solved.
Thanks,
SUpputuri

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to add multiple Object repositories at run time anilyad 2 3,771 08-13-2010, 03:47 PM
Last Post: anilyad
  One or more shared object repositories? thomas2025 1 1,753 12-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Last Post: v_selvam
  How to use "Mercury.ObjectRepositoryUtil" to load repositories dynamically azeem 10 15,809 09-22-2009, 01:15 PM
Last Post: azeem
  storing QTP test resources(library functions,repositories) in Quality Center Pallavi 8 9,251 09-21-2009, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basanth27
  Associate multiple Repositories at run time Pallavi 4 4,822 09-14-2009, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Saket