Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Object repository issue while recording.
Not Solved
Hi All,
I have a shared repository, it has almost all the objects(which is 40MB), when I start a new test, I associate this repository first and starts recording, is this is a Java application, I am using Java Add-in, whle recording, all the objects are added to the Local Repository despite Associated repository having all the objects, its a duplication. please suggest me any setting, which makes to pickup objects directly from Shared rather than creating a local new duplicate object.

I also did..Tools-->Options-->Web-->Page/Frame Options--
2nd radio button for Page & 1st radio button for Frame.

I did so much time on this, I tried multiple options, but didn't work,
I will looking forward for valuable suggestions from any of you.
Not Solved
Hi Rammy,
1. If your current object property does not match with the property of the object that is in the Shared OR, then while recording it creates a new instance. In that case you can change the value of the property in shared object repository with regular expression so that it will be recognized always as per your requirement.
2. Another case when the object will be automatically copied to Local OR is, while recording if you QTP encounters a new object then it copies its parent objects to local repository and adds the new one.

Can you tell me which one is in your case? Then accordingly I can suggest you how to resolve your problem.
Not Solved
Hi Sasmita,
neither is my case,
let me tell you an example:
1. I have btn_login image in Sahred repository, when I record it add a object btn_login_1 to the local repository, whose properties are same as the object in repository,

please keep workin on this and reply.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Error while adding Object to Object repository at run time SaranKumarV 3 8,407 02-02-2015, 01:40 AM
Last Post: dubeyvin
  Is there anyway that we can automate adding objects to Object Repository ArunaSiva 0 1,715 06-18-2014, 04:16 PM
Last Post: ArunaSiva
  Flex+Air object identification issue using UFT 11.5 prashantn 0 2,515 02-21-2014, 02:02 PM
Last Post: prashantn
  Webservice request without object repository anthony1carr 1 2,660 07-12-2013, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Staff
  How to measure memory utlization by Object repository? deeppat 2 2,954 08-07-2012, 12:06 PM
Last Post: deeppat