Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Objects inside Pop up window not recognised.
Not Solved Exclamation 
Hello,

i'm working with a flow where a pop-up window apears with multiple checkboxes and a couple of buttons, but the QTP does not recognize the objects inside the pop-up window, it does recognize the window it self, but again, not the objects(checkboxes, buttons) inside the window.

i've windows 7, IE8 and QTP 10.

need some extremely urgent help on this... :s
Not Solved
Hi falvi,

First clarify my question: is there any third party control inside in the popup window? if not so, then you can recognise those object manually by using object repository. There is an option in the Object repository to add the objects.
Not Solved
there are no third party controls, simple web checkboxes and web buttons,

actually this issue is only on one system, i just transferred the test to this system and i'm having this issue here, it's working fine on the machine it was developed at and couple more machines as well, but only on this machine, this object is not identified, QTP object spy identifies every thing inside the window as a single "web element" container, not individual check boxes and buttons. :s
Not Solved
Hi,

Could u please check the IE version and other configurations w.r.t machine on which it was working.

Regards,
Sankalp
Not Solved
First Solution:
Ok.. Understood. There may be a user rights problem in this machine. Check what rights you have given to other machine. Try to give the same rights to this machine.

Second solution:
First try record and playback, if QTP could recognised your object then you can try with your script and check necessary Add ins has been added
Not Solved
could you please tell me which "user account settings" to check specifically? because the ones i know about are the same on both machines.
Not Solved
If you are able to give adminstrator rights for this maching then you can try
Not Solved
user is already administrator... :s and the only user as well for that machine..!
Not Solved
Try record and playback for some other web application to check whether the standard web controls (like combo,textbox)are recongnised by QTP. If standard webcontrols are recognised then you can run your script
Not Solved
i have not yet tried to record and run, but i'll let you know what comes the result for that.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SAPLIST is not recognised inside SAPTable mann 0 1,144 02-26-2018, 11:24 AM
Last Post: mann
  UFT - Check a checkbox inside a table cell sara- 0 5,461 02-02-2015, 08:07 PM
Last Post: sara-
  Handling Object Repositories dynamically inside For Loop danny2012 3 3,805 07-13-2012, 02:00 PM
Last Post: danny2012
  Declaring Extern in QTP to call a DDE function inside a DLL **SOLVED** ramuk 1 3,288 06-07-2012, 07:57 PM
Last Post: ramuk
  Getting unexpected Pop up message while using Datatable.import Punam K 2 3,850 08-20-2011, 08:48 PM
Last Post: Arul