Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Objects not being found
Not Solved Question 
Hi I am fairly new to QTP.

When recording tests & including the objects in the repository, when running them together with other tests using conditional programming certain objects are not being found or have a description mismatch.

for example these are the types of warnings I am receiving:

"Newcross Nursing Bookings"- Description mismatch

The object was not found using the test object description. Check the object's properties.

or

"grade"- Description mismatch

The object was not found using the test object description. Check the object's properties.

The thing is I have added these objects to the objects repositry & chosed the required object values, when running the seperate tests these warnings do not get flagged.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?
Not Solved
Your question is not very clear.

Detailing your question like the version of QTP, addins you are using, can you paste your script and the screen shot of your object repository?
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Not Solved
Hi, I am new to QTP as well, but I've gotten thoes errors.
I found that if you make the names of the objects from the repository the same as what the name says on the tree view ( just add a number to the end, if more that 1 object) you wont get that warning. For example, (my issue was with dropdown boxes) I had to make the name of my dropdown box object ddacdropDown, which is the name Quicktest picks up and renders from the web- not sure about that part- and calls that object. To distinguish it from others I would just put a number at the end of it. (ddacdropDown1) As long as I would use the name that Quicktest would call the object ( with the additon of a distinguishing number or charcter at the end) I didn't get an error.

I hope this helps some.
Thanks,
Xandel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Object not found during the 2nd iteration of an Action call in a For loop BGunay 0 859 04-23-2020, 07:08 PM
Last Post: BGunay
  If Text found mv8167 3 2,643 09-25-2012, 11:24 PM
Last Post: parminderdhiman84
  If an Excel spreadsheet is not found then... mv8167 3 3,315 03-21-2012, 10:12 AM
Last Post: sshukla12
Wink Element not found - VbWindow edj1 4 4,756 02-29-2012, 12:00 AM
Last Post: edj1
  Getting 424 Object Not found error when closing a window ruslan1234 0 2,933 03-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Last Post: ruslan1234