Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Objects not being recognized inside a Java window.
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago Sad 
Hi Folks,

So it's been three days since I started QTP and I think that I have a grip on the concepts.

We have a web app that pushes a Java Web Start application on the desktop. I am trying to record certain actions on the Java Web Start app. I am using QTP 9.2 with the Java and Web plugins enabled.

Now all is fine till the point I launch the JAWS app. Once inside the app, it prompts me for userid and password via a text field. (GUI seems to be written using Swing). But it seems that the replay of the recording fails as the text fields can't be recognized by QTP. I think that's what it is as when I use the Spy to select the text fields, only the window is recognized.

I tried to alleviate the problem by creating a virtual object. The virtual object creation dictates that I use a cross hair to select the text box - guess what, I can't even select the text field properly. (Refer attachment). I would hate to take the analog route.

I searched Google and realized that a lot of people have faced similar issues when using QTP and I am at a loss how to solve it.

I will be uploading the videos of this issue shortly.

I hope that we can address the issue once and for all in this one stop shop for QTP.
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Alas videos can't be attached.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UFT unable to identify Java app objects consistently lester 1 1,787 07-12-2018, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Set Value in JavaEdit Inside JavaTable yonobev 9 11,784 11-08-2017, 11:12 PM
Last Post: lotos
  Objects inside WpfList shinji458 23 21,322 11-08-2017, 10:54 PM
Last Post: lotos
  Telnet command not recognized Sanjana1987 1 1,851 09-20-2017, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  UFT not recogniziing Java Objects/ Elements YogeshCallappa 0 2,070 11-08-2016, 02:43 PM
Last Post: YogeshCallappa