Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One test for different websites - QTP 9.5
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago Question 
[b][b]Hello,

I am using QTP 9.5. I have to run a test (recorded for a website) on multiple websites. How it can be done? If tried it by changing run URL but it gives error "object cannot be identified."

To elloborate, I have a website created in english language and there are many other version of this website are created in different languages like Korean, Japanese, German etc. I want to automate text checking in all websites.

I have recorded the english website and parameterized its content through standard checkpoint so that QTP could check it on runtime from data table.

My plan was to replace data in datatables to check same website in different language but it is not working. I do have translations in excel sheet.

I am new to QTP, kindly help.

Regards
Sarvesh
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Hi Sarvesh,

From QTP 9.2 V, HP introduced a new text recognition mechanism.

Note:
The information provided here applies to QTP 9.2 or higher versions only.

QuickTest Professional supports Single Byte languages.
QuickTest Professional supports most popular single byte languages, such as French, German, Danish, Hebrew, Portugues, Spanish, Dutch, Finnish, Italian, Swedish, and Norwegian.

Solution:
Modify the supported Languages value for the Text Recognition Registry key.To indicate which language dictionaries QuickTest Professional's text recognition mechanism should use, update the supported language list in the registry.

Follow the below steps:
1. Open the registry editor.
2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional\MicTest\OcrEngine.
3. Right-click on the supportedLanguages value, and select "Modify"
4. Set the value data to the language or languages to be supported. Use a ',' to separate the languages.

Example:
English,German,Spanish,French

Note:
Combined hieroglyphic languages (CJK - Chinese, Japanese, or Korean) and non-hieroglyphic languages are not supported. For example: English,Japanese

5. Click <OK>
6. Restart QTP

Now try it out & see Smile
Hi Sreekanth,

Thanks for your reply. Could you please help me on how to use multi-language support on QTP? I am new to it and have very less knowledge of QTP.

Also could you please tell me any website or free online tutorials were I can get information on QTP.

Regards,
Sarvesh
Hi Sree,

Could you please let me know if this setting is enough to execute a script recorded in english to work for any languages that is set as per your suggestion, or we need to record same sceanrios in different languages.Kindly Help. Very Urgent.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  sample websites for beginners QTP.learning 2 3,817 05-30-2014, 02:25 PM
Last Post: Tarik Sheth
Toungue QTP Test Parameters scope in QC Test Set bfakruddin 0 2,004 02-02-2012, 04:05 PM
Last Post: bfakruddin
  QTP Test fails when run from QC Test set prabu 2 3,131 07-20-2009, 12:32 PM
Last Post: supputuri
  Difference between test fusion reports and test results in QTP Savi21 1 6,186 02-29-2008, 12:59 AM
Last Post: FredMan