Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oracle Forms 6i
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
I am moving to a company who's AUT uses oracel forms 6i.

There is some existing automated tests written in winrunner but I'm more comfortable with QTP and given HP are discontinuing support for winrunner I was wondering if anyone has used QTP to test 6i forms.

What else should I find out to give you more specific info on the application?

Are there any instances where QTP cannot be used to test these forms?

Thanks in advance.

Graham
As such forms 6i is supported by oracle 8.2 addin ...you can get more details at https://www.learnqtp.com/points-to-take-...ava-addin/

Also you may consider reading the "Read Me" which comes along with every QTP addin which can give you an idea regarding general problems and their workarounds.

if you have any specific problem do let us know.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Hi Ankur,

I read through that and it has some good info. I'm just concerned about how easy it is to integrate into oracle forms. I have been given the install document for winrunner and it has quite a lot of tweaks to allow winrunner to work. Including using a specific set of fmx's for the forms.
It also appears that the application is Oracle Developer 2000, which according to the blog posting would appear to be the least well supported. I don't have access to the App yet but I have asked whether it is Java based or not.

I'm just trying to gather as much information on it as possible as I have never used oracle forms before but know QTP very well in terms of .Net and web testing.

Thanks again,
Graham

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UFT 12.54 compatibility with Oracle Forms 12c saran 0 2,573 01-30-2017, 03:07 PM
Last Post: saran
  QTP 11 - Oracle Forms objects not recognised WarrenRay 0 2,990 06-23-2015, 09:35 PM
Last Post: WarrenRay
  QTP recognizing Oracle forms as Java objects shankar.srini88 0 4,389 03-25-2014, 10:26 AM
Last Post: shankar.srini88
  Not able to navigate and learn oracle forms manumaan 2 3,404 06-26-2012, 06:16 PM
Last Post: manumaan
  Unable to record Oracle Forms apps and Oracle java based apps dejanbo 0 3,334 06-19-2012, 08:05 PM
Last Post: dejanbo