Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other Methods to click on submit button in application using Descriptive Programming
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Hi Guys

I'm a new bee to this forum. Today when i attended interview in a company, interviewer asked me, how to click on submit button in web application ?
I answered the question like this "Browser("title:= ).Page("Title:= ).WebButton("name:= ).click " Then he asked me. what are the other ways or methods to click the submit button in descriptive programming. Your help is really appreciated. Thanks in Advance

"Thanks a ton Ankur and all Administrators & Moderators" . You guys are doing a great job.This site's content very helpful to learners like me. Really appreciated. You guys rocks. Once again Smile
Hi what you mentioned is correct. you have mentioned a static DP way. We can mention the dynamic DP way too. which is like
Code:
Browser("title:= ).Page("Title:= ).WebButton(DescObject).click

we can define the object with name 'DescObject'.

'DescObject' is definition of Descriptive object. This is more flexible way of programming.

Kallem Rajender
Hyderabad
Hi Rajender

Thank You Smile

Hi,

We can use Fireevent "onclick" to click on an object too. This is particularly useful when the Click operation does not work due to some reason. The syntax is

Code:
Browser(B).Page(P).WebButton(W).Fireevent "onclick"

Thank You,
Ravi Shankar
Get the x and y coordinates and then use the shell/device replay to click on the button.
Thanks,
SUpputuri