Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Page element keep changing
Not Solved
Hello, I am new to QTP.

Please take a look at my script below ...

Code:
Browser("Delta - Book a flight").Page("Delta - Book a flight"). etc
Browser("Delta - Book a flight").Page("Delta - Book a flight_2"). etc
Browser("Delta - Book a flight").Page("Delta - Book a flight_3"). etc
I would like to know why the part ".Page("Delta - Book a flight_?")." keep changing each time I comment it out.

When I record that section again, it come up with another new ".Page" variable underscoore.

Thanks for helping.
Not Solved
Check if the below setting helps.

Goto Tools->Option->Web and do the settings as in the attachment.

Regards,
Ankesh

Attached Files Image(s)

Not Solved
Is thing is still not working.

Each time I comment it out or delete it and when I record that page again, the part ".Page("Delta - Book a flight_?")." still keep on changing.

Why is that?

Please help if you can.

Thanks!
Not Solved
Hi,
When u perform recoding 1st time on any page it will show u "Delta-Book a flight" in local OR but when u record the same page again it will show "Delta- Book a flight_1" because when u record all the objects on which u perform any action will be added to OR, since u have performed these actions already and these objects are already added in OR so to store the objects with unique name it is stored with _1 or _2. Best way is to add these objects to ur Shared OR and instead of recording try to write the script.

Let me know in any clarifications.

Regards,
Sankalp
Not Solved
(06-04-2012, 11:05 PM)chong67 Wrote: Is thing is still not working.

Each time I comment it out or delete it and when I record that page again, the part ".Page("Delta - Book a flight_?")." still keep on changing.

Why is that?

Please help if you can.

Thanks!

Chong, hello..

I believe that what is happening to you is about the objects you have recorded and the new objects have one or more different properties from the first you already have recorded, the subject is that the object is called equal (UFT calls it the same name) that is why add the "_ #" what you should do if you do not like what the repository looks like it is to move the child objects inside the new page layers to the root of the original object and delete the pages that have "_ #" (the repository will be clean) then you must interacting with the page identification, applying as a regular expression the properties in common, different and setting the value ". *" (Any letter and / or number) and setting the ordinal identifier to "none" since time Of creation also influences the recognition of the page.

You can try delete propieties too, and highlight the object to see if it keep recognized. Too much propieties is wrong. found what's the difference beetwig "page" and "page_1", "page_2" etc. thats the property you must put as regular expression

I hope this information serves you.

Atte. Pablo Alvarez

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Choosing element from array marvson 1 1,789 06-29-2016, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Ankesh
  Web Element: Not able to select value from drop down in Web Element. Rajeev 4 5,000 08-04-2015, 06:03 PM
Last Post: kbhargava505
  How to capture tool tip within a web element frebuffi 3 3,526 11-10-2014, 10:06 AM
Last Post: learning_UFT
  How to connect two web element objects? zawarepradeep@gmail.com 1 2,525 07-23-2014, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Can we access a table element in Script at runtime without a corr. test object? sepgs2004 1 2,910 10-14-2013, 07:05 PM
Last Post: anil2u