Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Password not encrypted in Firefox.
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi,

I have noticed that the password is always encrypted in IE-6. But when I try to record the same script in Firefox, the password is never encrypted. Is there something to do with the settings on my machine .Please suggest.

Thanks.
Please let me know which version you currently used?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11
We are using IE7 encrypting and are seeing the same problem with Firefox not encrypting. Only work around I've come up with is to make it a parameter, rick click on it and then select data type as encrypt. Not the best way to handle it. Would like to know if there is a better way.

Thx
Upon further review.... Encrypting as above really doesn't work for logging in/password. Bcz when you re-run the test, it inserts the encrypted password and doesn't de-encrypt it prior to logging in. Thus login fails. What am I missing? Is there another work around?

Thx
Please note that QTP does not provide a record support for firefox.
Only a playback support is provided. You can record a test on Internet Explorer and run it on FireFox.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Hi Ankur,

Can you please explain as to how we could run a script recorded in IE-6 on Firefox.

Thanks.
Whats the problem you are facing while running the IE recorded script on firefox?
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
The thing is when I record a script, I choose the application name and IE under Open the following browser when a run session begins.

So the script records in IE and when I run it, it runs on IE only. My question was what settings(or any tweak in the code) do we need to change to run the script recorded on IE to run on firefox.

Thanks.
I figured out how to run a script recorded on IE to run on Firefox.
The script runs only for few statement like it opens the web application, logs in,
enters id ,does not recognize password and then fails, throwing an error that the object is not in the object repository. But when I run the same script without making any changes, it runs fine on IE-6.
I tried adding the object into object repository but still throws same error.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Delete Firefox history and Cookies Anupama 0 1,324 06-18-2018, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Anupama
  Password Encryption / Decryption for swfobject YogeshCallappa 0 1,558 06-23-2017, 03:57 PM
Last Post: YogeshCallappa
  UFT 12.53 trial version not recognizing its sample flight application login/password NehaRB 2 3,595 10-07-2016, 06:49 PM
Last Post: pradeep537
  Unable to Identify Firefox Dialog rsrohit55 0 2,197 05-03-2016, 05:23 PM
Last Post: rsrohit55
  Encrypt Password Bhavya 0 2,416 09-10-2014, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Bhavya