Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Privacy agreement verification in two different sites using QTP 9.5
Not Solved
Dear Friends,

I joined this forum today. I would like to request you to help me on the following scenario.

I have joined a company 2 days back. I was given a Task in QTP to change the script which was written by some other team.

We have two URLs to access the Test environment. I was given to write the script/enhance the script to verify the End User license agreement from 1st URL with that of 2nd URL. In this End User license agreement page, there are 2 sections present. #1. License Agreement #2. Privacy policy

From the 1st URL, we will be creating user accounts. If the user changes this End User agreement text which is editable, while running the Script as it compares with the End User agreement from Database, as it differs, the Test is getting failed.

My task is to write the script which compares this Agreement from 1st URL and in 2nd URL. I need to compare this Agreement regularly such that whenever any User changes this Agreement (which is editable), It should display a message saying that Agreement in this URL does not match with the one stored in another URL.

My Manager has given option to me to store this End user agreement somewhere and compare in two sites. This End user agreement consists of 2 pages. How can I compare this entire agreement, where can I store this agreement? can I store on local machine?

One more question is: How to run QTP script using Quality Center? where will we store this script? will it be in QTP and will we call in QC or how it works? I am going through the QTP scripts in Quality center and reading them to understand the application flow. How to store QTP scripts in Quality center?

Please share your views on how to proceed with the above situation

Earliest reply would be great!
Thanks,
Kishore

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good sites to test against - for learning steerpike100 0 2,080 10-13-2013, 06:11 PM
Last Post: steerpike100
  Export verification QAVA 1 2,474 11-05-2012, 10:25 AM
Last Post: sshukla12
  Random Number generator and verification problem jinnah 4 10,025 09-28-2012, 04:03 AM
Last Post: jinnah
  hot we can do excel menu verification using QTP pandeche 0 2,075 09-08-2011, 11:28 AM
Last Post: pandeche
  multilpe sites sijil 1 1,517 11-28-2008, 12:28 AM
Last Post: manojmathew1984