Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem in Playback
Not Solved Shy 
Problem in Playback

Hi, i am recording an application and when i play it back it doesn't work properly

!)I open my web based application
2)It has 2 panes right and left
3)when i click on a node in left pane corresponding image opens in right pane
4)on right clicking the image a context menu opens
5) clicking entry on context menu open a window corresponding to entry selected in context menu

So i record the above procedure using qtp
When i play it back QTP doesnt perform action associated with click of context menu i.e s5

and throws the following error

Cannot identify the object "Window" (of class Window). Verify that this object's properties match an object currently displayed in your application.

Kindly reply
Not Solved
Hi Alok,
I've noticed this happens when -
1. Your application has changed between the time you recorded and the time you playedback.
2. The objects are not named properly or its properties are not captured referencing any form of identifying that particular object.
3. There could be many more reasons I'm not aware of.

Try to add the Object Properties that you think might help in recognising the object.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inserted WebEdit value is not sticking in UFT during playback priyaUFTlearner 3 2,935 04-14-2015, 01:28 AM
Last Post: priyaUFTlearner
  Playback causes different behavior than manual RandomGrin 1 1,813 12-24-2012, 01:58 PM
Last Post: elango87
  Doesn't recognise parent window during playback Derben 2 3,331 03-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Derben
  Cannot Playback my script-getting general Run Error rajeshvelur 2 3,416 10-23-2008, 06:57 PM
Last Post: anemuday
  Actions recorded in IE 6 won't playback in IE 7 Steve Groves 4 3,223 10-07-2008, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Ankur