Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Purpose of add-ins in QTP.
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Even if i have not checked even a single default add-ins. Qtp is able to recognise the objects in application. Then what is the exact purpose of add-ins to be selected.

Thanks
They are meant for specific technologies. You are born with some thing which no body has to teach you. This is the recognition of plain windows controls. There are other things which you learn by going to school and college and taking specific courses. That is Add-in in QTP.

Making sense?
With the help of Add-in's qtp understnad application developed in different environment.

suppose u have a application developed in Java and qtp does not have java add-in installed. when you record on that application qtp won't be able to recognize the application or won't record your steps. You need Java add-in to help qtp to record on this java developed application.

First of all, thanks for the replies .

As you said, corresponding add-ins should be checked in "Add-ins Manager" window. With this, QTP able to recognize the objects of the application.

But if you see in trail version, i haven't checked even a single add-ins(defaultly displayed). But still QTP recognize the objects and record the actions.

How this is possible??.
Hi Usman,

ByDefault QTP Supports Windows(Desktop) Applications also.(FYI ... no Addin Will be there for "Windows" Environment)

So you might have recorded the actions on the Windows Application, thats why it has recognized the objects.

Let me know the once ur query is resolved.
Hi

When you check the particular addin the corresponding objects are loaded into the QTP.Ex:if we check web addin the objects such as webbutton will get added.
If you dont check anything the default addin is "standard windows"

Regards
Santosh Kiragi
Enjoy!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what add-ins should i add... Venkat 1 3,298 03-07-2011, 12:38 AM
Last Post: akbarsharifmd
  Add-ins Santosh 5 7,673 03-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Tarik Sheth
  purpose of filesystem,excel,xml object creation priya999 3 3,431 02-28-2011, 03:36 PM
Last Post: basanth27
  Need free Oracel and Peoplesoft 8.2 add ins for QTP 9.2 chowdary2004msc 2 4,034 02-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Last Post: chowdary2004msc
  QTP web add ins are not supported for 9.5 version Ram2009 1 2,949 01-29-2010, 05:11 PM
Last Post: Saket