Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP 10.0 - Unable to identify web object with 'Window' class
Not Solved
Greetings Ankur,

I have encountered a an issue when running a test in a web application with more than 1 pop-up webpage dialog windows (QTP is unable to recognize the second webpage-dialog window that opened from a webpage-dialog, which is opened from the main browser).

During recording, QTP generated the following script:
Code:
Browser("ECM").Window("Search Contract Templates -- Webpage Dialog").Page("Search Contract Templates_2").Frame("content").WebElement("WebTable").Click

However, whenever I run the test, I've encountered Run Error as below:
Cannot Find the 'Web Table' object's parent "Search Contract Templates -- Webpage Dialog" (class Window). Verify that parent properties match an object currently displayed in your application

I have used the Object Spy to view the object properties, it is displayed as per attachment.
I've tried to update the step and object in repository by using 'Test maintenance run', but it doesn't solve the issue as well.

I've gone through the existing threads in this forum, and tried out the solution of enable the visible for Test object classes of Browser, frame, page, webElement, webTable under 'Web' Environment and 'Window' under 'Standard Windows' Environment, and run the test again in single monitor. But, it doesn't solve the issue Sad
Do you have any idea what is going wrong?

By the way, do you know why the Window class is not under 'Web' environment, but QTP identify the objects of the web application pop-up window as 'Window' class? Do I need to create 'Window' class in 'Web' environment? If so, could you please provide me the steps?

Please advice. Thank you so much Smile

Best Regards,
Ming Yee

Attached Files Image(s)

Not Solved
hi

unable to identify object in window application

pls help me

i wrote the code pls check once

Code:
Set owinEdit=Description.Create()
'
'        owinEdit ("micclass").value = "WinEdit"
'
'        owinEdit("attached text").value= "Host &Name (or IP address)"
'
'        owinEdit("nativeclass").value = "Edit"
'
'        owinEdit("window id").value = 1044
'
'Window(ODesc).WinEdit(owinEdit).Set "vdl6"
'        

'object repository  
Window("PuTTY Configuration").WinEdit("Host Name (or IP address)").Set "vdl6"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to Close UFT 14.53 through AOM Object y.srihari 1 2,086 12-26-2019, 08:43 PM
Last Post: y.srihari
  Object Class Name has changed in New OS(2012 R2) Raj Aryan Singh 0 696 12-12-2019, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Raj Aryan Singh
  Set method not working for web number object Qtp_bunny 1 2,052 06-14-2018, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  UFT 14.0 is unable to Identify Oracle forms. krr 0 3,391 06-12-2017, 06:24 PM
Last Post: krr
  Unable to identify Child Object for a window application created using C#. ssanjeev 3 5,900 03-27-2017, 05:38 AM
Last Post: ankita