Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP 11.0 Doesn't allow to save excel extracted from BO report.
Not Solved
Hi all,

I am a begginner in QTP and trying to automate testing of SAP BO reports. Now i have refreshed the report through AUtomation and if I have to export to excel. I click on these many objects

Document-->Save to my computer as -->Excel.

After clicking on Excel i get a dialog box open which has title as File Download.It has Open,Save& Cancel buttons when i click on Save. It has to open one more dialog box showing the folder where i have to save the excel, with the second dialog box title as "Save As" this is where I am finding problem. Qtp doesn't identify the second dialog box

Once QTP comes to this line of code,

Code:
Dialog("regexpwndtitle:=Save As").WinEdit("Class Name:=WinEdit").Set "Hema.xls"

It gives the below mentioned erorr and attached is the screen shot of the secong dialog box.

Cannot find the "(WinEdit)" Object's parent "(Dialog)"
(Class Dialog).
Verify the Parent properties match an object currently displayed in your application.

1)If the reason is QTp not recognising the second dialog box, then how did it recognise the first one?
2)Should I install any patch code ? if so details regarding that.
3) I have used Java, .Net,SAP,Active X,Web(my application shd be accessed through online) add-ins.

Any feedback would be appreciated heartfully.

Thanks In advance,
Hema.

Attached Files Image(s)

Not Solved
Well, I must say, it is a very detailed and precise explanation. Keep it up !

I would insist you to add more properties in the descriptive for the Objects and probably look for Hwnd property if that is unique and if it may help.

Also, if that doesnt work, you may try to first highlight the object and see if that works, Something like,
Code:
Dialog("regexpwndtitle:=Save As").Highlight
Dialog("regexpwndtitle:=Save As").WinEdit("Class Name:=WinEdit").Click
Dialog("regexpwndtitle:=Save As").WinEdit("Class Name:=WinEdit").Set "Hema.xls"

As a last step, try to record the same action and playback. If it works, check the Object Repository to see what are the object descriptions QTP is trying to store to identify.

Let us know if anything helps.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  File Chooser on Chrome doesn't work - UFT 15.0.1 Nenna Rosa 1 3,322 10-31-2020, 01:16 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Report Viewer showing hundreds of WebElement.Exists? themoon 1 2,227 03-09-2016, 02:43 PM
Last Post: vinod123
Shy 5 Save button QTP Qtpnew 1 2,230 09-03-2015, 09:52 AM
Last Post: supputuri
  Object doesn't support this property or method: 'webedit' Divya Roopa 3 9,692 03-11-2014, 07:26 AM
Last Post: basanth27
  How do I save name and email address in QTP ? Shiv Y 1 2,377 12-19-2013, 07:24 AM
Last Post: basanth27