Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP 11.00 and PeopleSoft
Not Solved
I have recorded simple test script using QTP 11.00 with PeopleSoft add-in. I have 500 vouchers (Invoices) that I am trying to delete from PeopleSoft.
This script runs some time and some time not. Thanks for any suggestions!

This is the recorded script:

Code:
Browser("Base Navigation Page").Page("Delete Voucher").Link("Delete Voucher").Click
Browser("Base Navigation Page").Page("Delete Voucher").Frame("TargetContent_2").WebEdit("VCHR_SRCH_DEL_BUSINESS_UNIT").Set "46666"
Browser("Base Navigation Page").Page("Delete Voucher").Frame("TargetContent_2").WebEdit("VCHR_SRCH_DEL_VOUCHER_ID").Set DataTable("VOUCHER_ID", dtGlobalSheet)
Browser("Base Navigation Page").Page("Delete Voucher").Frame("TargetContent_2").WebButton("Search").Click
wait 2
Browser("Base Navigation Page").Page("Delete Voucher").Frame("TargetContent").WebButton("Delete").Click
wait 2
Browser("Base Navigation Page").Page("Delete Voucher").Frame("TargetContent").WebButton("OK").Click
wait 51
Browser("Base Navigation Page").Page("Delete Voucher").Frame("TargetContent").WebButton("OK").Click
wait 9
Not Solved
what error do you get? Plz post a brief description.
Not Solved
Hello Ankesh,

Thanks for your response. Following is the error message I am getting and this the very first line of code. I am new to the QTP world but the confusing part is that I have already deleted 2500 vouchers using the same code over the last 20 days. In the past I have the same issue but all the sudden it will start working fine. How to check the object in the repository if it’s missing? I really need help to make it work ASAP.

Thanks
Ashok

---------------------- ERROR MESSAGE BELOW ----------------
Cannot identify the object "Delete Voucher" (of class Link). Verify that this object's properties match an object currently displayed in your application.

Code:
Line (4): "Browser("Base Navigation Page").Page("Delete Voucher").Link("Delete Voucher").Click".

Tip: If the objects in your application have changed, the Maintenance Run Mode can
help you identify and update your steps and/or the objects in your repository.
Not Solved
Hi Ashok,

To check the object existance in QTP Object repository (I will take ur application as an example).. Open the Object repository.

Navigate to Browser "Base Navigation Page". Under this browser look for the page "Delete Voucher". Under this Page u will see the link :" Delete Voucher". If not then please add.

The error which u got will ususally come when the object properties have changed. I would request you to spy the object and compare its properties with the one in Object repositoy.

If there is any mismatch in the properties, please update the Object property with the new property(as shown in the objetc spy) in OR.

Regards,
Ankesh

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need free Oracel and Peoplesoft 8.2 add ins for QTP 9.2 chowdary2004msc 2 4,034 02-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Last Post: chowdary2004msc