Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP 11 + Flex 4.6 + AIR - An exercise in futility?
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Hello Everyone,

I have seen several posts on related topics to this but none are recent and none have a solution. I am thinking that Adobe no longer really supports QTP automation in the latest version of Flex...I would love to be proven wrong but I can't find any confirmation either way anywhere online.

Here is my experience with QTP 11 + Flex 4.6 automation so far:

1.) Downloaded the trial of QTP 11 and installed it from HP - There is a missing installed cfg file which prevents the install process and the solution was to create an empty file with the same name and place it into the directory where the installer was expecting it to be. That at least got it to install. Also, I found you must uncheck the checkbox during installation that asks to run the license installer wizard.

2.) I also found you *MUST* turn off Windows 7 UAC or the application will not install properly and the add-ins will not show up. I had to go into UAC and set it to the lowest setting then restart and run the plugins .bat file to get it to work. After I did that, the add-ins showed up properly when I started WTP.

3.) I found that I had to both include all the files using the compiler arguments AND I had to include the actual SWC lib folder containing all the /automation/ SWC's from the SDK install directory or I didn't get the proper "Waiting for QTP to connect' messages when running the AIR app.

4.) Finally, I found that I had to let QTP automatically open the AIR.exe file itself on startup or QTP never connected properly. Even then, I had to try it 2-3 times before it would work and I got the QTP connected successfully message.

After all that, I can only see Flex <mx> components being logged, never spark buttons etc. This makes me feel like trying to get QTP 11 talking to the latest AIR w. Spark components may not currently be possible. Does anyone know any different?
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Hello everyone,

I fixed my problem. I was not including a necessary library in the compiler arguments.

The fixed version looks like this:

-locale en_US -include-libraries "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.6\sdks\4.6.0\frameworks\libs\automation\automation_airspark.swc" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.6\sdks\4.6.0\frameworks\libs\automation\automation.swc" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.6\sdks\4.6.0\frameworks\libs\automation\qtp_air.swc" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.6\sdks\4.6.0\frameworks\libs\automation\automation_air.swc" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.6\sdks\4.6.0\frameworks\libs\automation\automation_agent.swc" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.6\sdks\4.6.0\frameworks\libs\automation\automation_dmv.swc" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.6\sdks\4.6.0\frameworks\libs\automation\automation_spark.swc"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QTP 11 Flex 4.5 Unable to Identify Objects krishiyers 1 3,589 12-24-2014, 12:39 PM
Last Post: vds.vipul
  QTP flex Sathiya 0 2,566 04-26-2012, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sathiya
  Installing flex plugin for QTP 11.0 mihirjm 6 16,412 04-14-2012, 12:46 AM
Last Post: coasterdad1971
  Having trouble integrating QTP with Ant and a multi-module Adobe Flex application peachy32514 0 4,252 03-24-2012, 02:39 AM
Last Post: peachy32514
  QTP - FLEX Automation QTP_Beginner 5 6,853 03-13-2012, 08:04 PM
Last Post: swathi bala