Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP 11 and Putty objects not recognized
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
To all,

I am using QTP 11 and PuTTY along with the TE add-in record some tests. The telnet server I am connecting to is not compatable to the hllapi standard. It is connecting with the VT100 protocol. I have set the QTP TE add-in to use the PRconfigured PuTTY settings. As I am recording text only I have the following 2 object types to work with:

TeWindow("TeWindow")
TeTextScreen("TeTextScreen

The problem I am having is that I am able to record the tests but upon trying to run the tests after the initial appearence of the telnet screen QTP will not recognize the
TeWindow("TeWindow").TeTextScreen("TeTextScreen" object as being in the OR. I have checked and it is there and nothing changes even if I add the object again. I have looked for any other people having this problem and only found one other instance that is similar to my problem but it is on another forum and had no answer given.

The issue only occurs in the first couple lines of the code if I stop the test and re-run in the debug from step mode the object is identified and the test seems to proceed normally.

Has anyone else had a similar issue or can anyone point me in the correct direction to find the help I need.

Thanks,

Jim
You won't need TE addin for automating putty.

Make efficient use of
1) Desktop object and
2) GetVisibleText method

Have proper synch (you will need to develop your logic for syncs to work) in place and you should be through.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Ankur,

Not sure how I would use those in the testing we are attempting. We are logging into a telnet session with Oracle to simulate moving parts orders through via scanners. I will take a look but the simplest solution is what I am attempting to find. Is it such a problem for QTP to recognize the TE emulators even with the add-in? Other than the initial issue if I restart via the debug from step it runs fine. Just seems like it should not have to be that hard to identify the objects they are so simple. Thanks for your feedback I will explore the method you describe and see what happens.

Jim

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Telnet command not recognized Sanjana1987 1 1,849 09-20-2017, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  When trying to recognize the object in QTP, each object is recognized as “WinObject:S geetasarvadnya 2 3,468 10-28-2015, 12:34 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  Objects are being recognized as "Windows for Menu item list (Browser-firefox, UFT 12) akhandesh 0 2,365 05-27-2015, 06:29 PM
Last Post: akhandesh
  QTP(UFT) and putty hachem 0 3,689 03-03-2015, 05:16 PM
Last Post: hachem
Smile Importing Excel sheet - Reference Values are not recognized michiusa69 3 7,581 01-23-2015, 02:36 AM
Last Post: lkng2001