Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP 9.2 Deleting Standard Checkpoints
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
I'm using QTP 9.2 on a Windows .Net application and I have a question concerning how to delete and re-record a Standard Checkpoint for the same object. If I delete a checkpoint via the Keyword View and then attempt to record a new checkpoint for the same object, why does QTP add an underscore and number to the name of the checkpoint? If I attempt to change the name manually via the Checkpoint Properties dialog box, I receive a "Checkpoint Naming Error" that states "A checkpoint with the name you specified already exists. To name the checkpoint "examplename_2", click OK. To specify a different name, click Cancel". Since the original checkpoint "examplename" was deleted, I'm confused as to why QTP seems to think it still exists. Is there a way to delete all references to the original checkpoint? Any insight anyone can give me will be appreciated. Thank you in advance!
On QTP 9.2 you can delete Checkpoints. If you want to do that then you may have to use 9.5 or 10.0
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
I think Basanth wanted to say that you can not delete the checkpoints in QTP 9.2. In QTP version 9.5 and 10.0 the checkpoints are actually visible in the OR and so we are able to delete them.

Thank you so much Saket. I dont know why i missed that "CANNOT" which actually changed the meaning of the post. Thank you for taking time to look through and correct it.

Sidman - I apologize for the typo which could have wasted your time. Please bear with my haste, this wouldnt be the case second time around.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
hmm yes, you may not be able to delete a check point from QTP 9.2.
But still you can solve the problem that you have mentioned (by editing it).

Instead of adding a new checkpoint (or re-recording) which unnecessarily creates the name with "underScore", you can EDIT the existing check point.

Steps:
1. Go to the key word view
2. Click the "Value Column" of the item in which the checkpoint need to be edited.
3. Now a "Tick" symbol will appear.
4. Click the "Tick" Symbol.
5. This will open up the "CheckPoint Properties" dialog box.
6. Here you edit the check point to the new value.

Please try this option and let me know if it doesn't works for you
(Yes, this is ONLY for EDITING a existing checkpoint and NOT for deleting it)

-Vijay
Vijay -
what is your neccessity to open up a old post with a answer and re-write a mis-leading solution ? . The Question was about "how to delete a checkpoint" and not "How to edit it". The answer would have well been there long ago if the question was asked.

If you search the forum you will know that there are several posts related to the answer you have posted.

Please restrain yourself from replying which causes a deviation from the original post and to open older posts. if you have anything new please open up a new post.
Basanth

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can we test Salesforce Standard form using QTP? yona34 0 932 05-22-2018, 10:57 AM
Last Post: yona34
  Why not Checkpoints subhashinid 0 1,471 06-30-2016, 07:36 PM
Last Post: subhashinid
  User defined Objects(Can't map standard grid object in to table object ) madhavanr 0 2,470 01-14-2014, 03:46 PM
Last Post: madhavanr
  QTP standard check point Error? Ramadas 0 2,154 10-31-2013, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Ramadas
  Query about checkpoints pkdhake 5 3,448 07-11-2013, 03:17 PM
Last Post: vinod123