Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP 9.2 not able to record scripts in Vista (32-bit)
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago Wink 
I have installed QTP 9.2 on my laptop that has Vista 32-bit installed. However when i try to do a recording ,QTP does not generate any script.
I have checked using the object spy that QTP is able to recognise the objects....yet no script is being generated. Please help.
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi Vinay,

There are 2 possible reasons for this.

First, Check out whether you have selected"Record and run test on any open Window-based application" under "Automation --> Record and Run Settings".
Second, if you have selected the second radiobutton i.e. "Record and run only on:" then specify the application path and select "Applications specified below" checkbox.

The same thing you have to check in "Web" Tab too.

Let me know if you are still facing the issue.

Thanks,
QTPKing
Hello, I have the same issue on web application. I followed the instructions by QTPKing but it did not work. I can record on the windows application, though. When I set the setting to open the mercury tours sight in the secong box, an error msg window opens saying "The browser application can't be launched. Possibly the URL is wrong". I have checked the spelling of the url as it is listed in the QTP 9.2 help and haven't found any errors.

I believe I had no issues on my XP desktop. I will install the application again on my XP and test this out.
Hey, Guys;

After I posted the last comment, I decided to turn off the "Protected Mode" on my IE. QTP 9.2 began to record the actions.

Vinay, try this and, hopefully, it will begin to work for you. Please post your result. Thanks.
Hey, Guys;

After I posted the last comment, I decided to turn off the "Protected Mode" on my IE. QTP 9.2 began to record the actions.

Vinay, try this and, hopefully, it will begin to work for you. Please post your result. Thanks.
Yep ,that solved the issue. I am now able to record scripts successfully.

Thank you QTP king and Butair.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Qtp 10.0 Not able to identify objects on Win 8.1 64 bit OS hpuser 1 2,159 06-11-2015, 06:43 PM
Last Post: venkatesh9032
  QTP 10 not identifying objects in IE8 on 64 bit OS Ram2009 6 4,392 03-24-2015, 05:46 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  QTP 11.0 does not record web application shipu 6 6,925 08-03-2014, 01:47 AM
Last Post: riverdiego
  QTP 11 not recognizing WPF objects in Windows 7 32 bit system Pallavi 1 3,296 06-13-2014, 03:43 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  QTP does not record anything on a page developed using AJAX shayk1985 2 2,177 05-21-2014, 04:56 AM
Last Post: shayk1985