Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP 9.5 Installation Issue
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 2 Weeks ago Question 
I am totally new to QTP.

I have downloaded QTP 9.5 trial version and (file: T6510-15059.iso), unpacked it and started installing by double clicking on "setup.exe" (on my win XP - SVC PK 2) and then selecting - QTP Setup.

I get the following error, even after re-starting my PC.
"setup has determined that a previous installation has not completed. You should restart the system in order to complete this process". When I click "OK" (I have no other option), the setup.exe dies.

I have no other HP Mercury products installed on my PC.
I have 2GB memory and closed all applications before starting QTP Inatallation.

Could some one help me?

Thanks

Mani
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 2 Weeks ago
QTP 9.5 requires that you should uninstall your previous version of QTP and then only install the new version. Please read the install guide for detailed instructions.

You can also visit a thread on How to install QTP 9.5?. It contains detailed info regarding QTP 9.5 installation
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Hi Ankur,

Thanks for the reply.

But, I do not have any previous version of QTP installed on my machine. This is the first time I am trying to install QTP 9.5. I have checked my machine thoroughly. Checked the "Add delete Programs". This machine is reformatted recently and I am the only user. I couldn't understand how an old version of QTP can be there .

I have tried installing it on another Win XP PC and got the same error.

I have checked the MD5 checksum and verified that my download is complete and correct.

The file I downloaded is "T6510-15059.ISO". Is that the correct one?

Is this "T6510-15059.ISO" a full QTP SW or is it an upgrade?

I have gone through all the System Requirements and these are all fine.

Could some one help? We need to verify if QTP could test our Oracle application very very urgently.

Any help will be appreciated.

Mani
Ok if that is the case, I would suggest you to contact HP support detailing about the problem.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Now I know what was the problem.

The downloaded file T6510-15059.iso passed md5 checksum test. But still it had some problem.

I downloaded it again, and now I could install and use QTP.

Hope this information will be useful to someone. Always suspect your downloads.

Regards

Mani
There are some Operating System’s configurations that have show to present the following error message when attempting to install QuickTest Professional version 9.5 and that is

“Setup has determined that a previous installation has not completed. You should restart the system in order to complete this process”

If your system is displaying this message box, then you could follow the following steps:

1. Open the %TEMP% folder (in the Start -> Run dialog, type %TEMP% and click Enter).
2. In this folder, search for a file named "Prereq_Mgr.HP_QuickTest_Professional_9.5.log". This file is created by the installation program and contains a list of registry keys that can potentially fail the latest setup process.
3. Consult with the computer's system administrator about backing-up and deleting the registry keys specified in the log file above. Rename/remove the problematic keys according to the administrator's recommendations.
4. After renaming the registry keys, install QuickTest Professional again.

Good luck
elan
I wanted to learn QTP at home.
How to install QTP which will work for long time .....
pls help me................
Read Posting Guidelines, Always search this forum before posting a query and dont divert a thread by inserting your query in between.
for answer to question - There is no any option unless you get one from HP.
Thread closed!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QTP installation sswapnilt 0 1,697 12-31-2014, 04:46 PM
Last Post: sswapnilt
  QTP installation issue abhishaku 1 2,430 06-17-2013, 12:48 AM
Last Post: supputuri
  QTP 11 setup installation problem. ankk 6 17,425 12-17-2012, 07:06 AM
Last Post: nili
  QTP 11 Evaluation installation file not having executable file Akhila 2 4,109 10-19-2012, 12:04 AM
Last Post: gdp9600
  Automating installation and uninstallation process ksrikanth2k9 0 2,400 04-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Last Post: ksrikanth2k9