Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP 9.5 Test Results - Incompatibility Error
Not Solved
QTP v9.5.0.0 Build 194
Add-Ins: ActiveX, Java, VB, Web, .NET

Frequently, after a test runs to completion, the Test Results window opens with a message stating "These results were generated with a later version of QuickTest Professional. To view these results, install a later version of QuickTest Professional or the Test Results viewer."

When closing the Test Results window, QTP will sometimes remain open and other times QTP will sometimes also close. When QTP closes along with the Test Results window, the test which was just executed gets hosed up with all actions being shown as “Missing Resources”. See attached for screen shot.

This issue arises with many different tests. All tests were created using the same version of QTP (v9.5.0.0 Build 194) and using the same add-ins (ActiveX, Java, VB, Web, .NET).

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Is this a known issue? Is there a fix or patch available? Is there a later version of QTP needed?

Thanks in advance!

jd

Attached Files
.doc   QTP Incompatibility Error.doc (Size: 77 KB / Downloads: 53)
Not Solved
Hi ,.

I am using the qtp versrion 9.0 but still for some errors or for test results pane still the "These results were generated with a later version of QuickTest Professional. To view these results, install a later version of QuickTest Professional or the Test Results viewer."

is coming its nto atall a problem i believe but still that wont stop the running of the test cases you can continue with the script running it doesnt effect your test results window ok
Not Solved
Hello,
I'm new to this forum. I've been reading the posts on this forum for quite sometime and find it very useful.
I've been using QTP version 9.2 and get the same exact 'Incompatability Error'. But I'm able to continue executing tests and saving the results.
Thanks,
mv

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Code to run all QTP scripts and see all results Pkapoor 11 16,864 08-15-2017, 02:58 AM
Last Post: Ravi
  Test runned from QualityCenter generated an error "Attempted to divide by zero." robertosalemi 1 2,360 10-14-2016, 08:38 PM
Last Post: robertosalemi
  To send the QTP Results to mail using Thunderbird Naresh 0 2,135 04-03-2015, 03:19 PM
Last Post: Naresh
  Error while opening test run results vkalyankar 3 3,988 11-12-2014, 09:49 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  How to send QTP status results to mobile Naresh 0 2,940 09-02-2014, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Naresh