Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP 9.5 incompatible with JInitiator 1.3.1.29?
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Our testers are having issues with the Java console freezing at "Loading HP QuickTest Professional Java Support (version 9.5.2194.0) (SUN 1.3.1.29-internal" when trying to access our various Oracle EBusiness environments. With QTP uninstalled or JavaSupport set to '0' in the registry, the environments load fine but obviously QTP cannot be used then.

Even worse, apparently we are migrating from Jinitiator to Java 1.6.0_15 soon!

Are there any possible workarounds for getting QTP 9.5 to work with Jinitiator 1.3.1.29 or Java 1.6.0_15, or should we look at upgrading?
Please open a Case with HP Support if you dont find any statisfactory response to your post.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Do you have oracle Adding loaded properly?
Can you check whether you have installed Oracle Addin first and then Java Addin?
Refer - Points to take care with Oracle-Java Addin
see if any of these threads help you
https://www.learnqtp.com/forums/Thread-O...on-problem
https://www.learnqtp.com/forums/archive/...-2185.html

@Basanth - I just wonder, why do you feel to post a generic reply here?

@Saket - The ultimate solution is with HP. From the issue it is clear that it is a cause of software conflicts. Enabling/disabling certain properties causes each other to work properly. HP will for certain know what needs to be modified. I felt that it is viable for yayqtp to apptoach HP.

Which part do you call Generic in this ?
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
again I meant was to take a call on a query and immidiately directing the person to HP is not a solution and so generic as we can do the same for most of the posts here. I hope I am able to explain this better.
I agree, the ultimate solution would be with HP only. My point is- it should be our last option to go to HP and raise a case, does not matter whether its a software conflict, if anyone have any workaround or suggestion they can post their comments here, thats why the forum is here to get an opinion on the issue. if the poster does not find any solution he/she will definitely go to HP.

you can not be sure, may be it could be an installation issue as I pointed out.

Agreed. thats why i precisely made a comment "if you do not recieve satisfactory response".

Why do you think anyone has to go to HP as a last solution ??

They built the tool, Infact for anything other than programming on the tool HP is the only first resort. Forums are meant to speed up the solution delivery and a workaround base rather than a opinion based where one has to approach forum first and HP last. I totally disagree on this.

Either way saket, I guess our argument would be a un-ending loop and the OP(original Poster) would only be displeased and un-intrested to look further.

I leave my trace here and carry no further Wink
Basanth