Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP 9.5 often extremely unstable
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi all

I dont know if I am the only one experiencing this, but I find QTP 9.5 extremely unstable sometimes, which is costing me hours of work, trying to debug what is wrong.

This is what I am experiencing:

I code and record my script on a VB6 application
I save it and run it once without errors.
Run it a second time, objects are not recognized and/or steps in the script are not executed and therefore the following steps will fail.

The above findings/errords appear on different places in my script each time i run it, so there is no specific pattern in how the errors appear.

As an extra information, the app is using 3rd party components such as TrueDBGrid, SSTAB, but it is not always in these components, my script fails.

I also often see "Automation error. The object has disconnected from its clients" which does not happen when i test the app manually.

Are there any settings that must be enabled/disabled, when running af VB6 app ?

Thx in advance.
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi ,

When working with the Visual Basic Add-in, it is recommended to choose the Record and run on these applications (opened on session start) option and then to specify the application name in the Windows Applications tab of the Record and Run settings dialog box.

If you choose the Record and run test on any open Windows-based application option, you should open the Visual Basic application after the first time you start recording.