Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP/Application combination is shutting down Internet Explore
Not Solved
I have had the same problem for 6 months now, but it hasn't had much attention from my senior management. Now, they are asking me how to resolve the QTP and IE issues.

Within our application, there is a function that appears minimal, but it always shuts down IE. This is for both IE 6 and IE 7. I don't have the luxury of knowing the code behind the function, but I am trying to get our development department to provide me that information.

I do know that once this particular function is generated, it goes through a lot of AJAX manipulation. There are several SQL database table records that must be updated and deleted, but I don't know everything that takes place behind the scenes.

For now, I only have Wed Add-In and have tried ActiveX and Visual Basic, but they seem to hinder me and not assist me. I will attach a screen shot of the IE error dialog, but if more is needed, let me know. I have submitted this to Microsoft many times, but haven't heard anything back at all.

This is a show stopper for me, so any ideas or prior experience will be very helpful.

Attached Files
.doc   IE 7 Shutdown.doc (Size: 105 KB / Downloads: 54)
Not Solved
You have not written anything about where QTP hinders the flow...or am I missing something?

As for the add-ins please check with developers regarding the technology in which the site/components are made. Active X is sometimes the culprit.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Not Solved
Ankur,

I have sent a request to our development staff to give me details as to what goes on behind the scenes when a particular web button is clicked. As of this post, I don't know that yet.

Since we installed QTP around April of this year, we have never been able to get it to record a particular functionality within our application. I can post what was recorded, but that may not help you much. Our application is "editing" a piece of information. When the editing window is "closed" any type of mouse click will bring down IE. This is true for IE 6 and 7 both.

I will be attaching the source behind the window dialog to assist anyone in their analysis. The functionality that shuts down IE works just fine outside of QTP. It has been for a couple of years now, so some type of interaction between QTP and our application is causing IE to shut down. This interaction is what I am trying to figure out. If I need to have our developers modify their application, I can certainly propose that, but it may fall on deaf ears.

I know I haven't provided much to go on, but I am at the mercy of our development resources. I can only provide what I am provided.

Thanks,

Steve Groves

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Internet Explorer has stopped working - UFT 12 and IE 11 rachana 1 7,422 06-13-2014, 03:30 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  qtp10 does not support internet explorer8 or 9 excellentpawan 2 2,792 06-19-2013, 12:19 PM
  WinObject: Internet Explorer_Server btran703 1 6,156 03-08-2013, 09:47 AM
Last Post: pradeep singh
  error internet explorer has stopped working kp_usa 3 7,064 12-22-2012, 08:58 AM
Last Post: diya
  Internet Explorer Pop Up ISSue rajrkodeep 4 3,904 06-28-2012, 04:48 PM