Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP Automation: How to retrieve Reporter.Reportevent Message
Not Solved
Hi All,

I am using "Reporter.Reportevent" to fail a test and send a message to the test results. The example of the script I am using is, given below.

Code:
Reporter.ReportEvent micFail,"testFail","Update Failed"

I am running this QTP test from a VB application and when the test fails, the 'LastRunResults' objects, returns the 'Status' as 'Failed', but I could not retrieve the message details ("Update Failed") I gave in the reportevent method. I tried to retrieve it using 'LastRunResults.LastError' method, but this method returns an empty string.

If anybody knows, how to retrieve the above message ("Update Failed"), please reply.

Thanks,
Senthil
Not Solved
A very old post but I am having the same problem. Can anyone help solve this?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Is Reporter ignoring the status of steps? dlaureano 3 3,411 06-05-2014, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Jay
  Unexpected Behavior of Reporter.Reportevent chinmaya chirasundara nayak 3 3,451 12-03-2013, 10:43 AM
Last Post: kotaramamohana
  How to retrieve ArrayList saved in Environment Variable Gautam26 8 4,436 11-07-2013, 08:26 PM
Last Post: ssvali
Exclamation Retrieve the complete height and width of a browser beyond the visible part as wel learnQtptips 0 2,012 05-22-2013, 09:36 AM
Last Post: learnQtptips
  How to retrieve a value from a table if the application is built in power builder. deepakmehta82 1 2,669 04-26-2013, 07:58 AM
Last Post: shaj