Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP Basics.....
Not Solved Exclamation 
Hi...

I have some doubts in QTP.. Appreciating valuable answers..

1.Error Handling Mechanism - While running the scenario at the first time, how do we know that there will be an exception..

2.How to identify the functionality bugs?

3.Other than regression testing(sometimes it fails to identify the object properties in playback method)..QTP is similar to manual testing..Then why we are moving to QTP?

4.Descriptive programming takes more time than record and playback..Then why we are in need of descriptive programming?as the record and playback method is time consuming one??
Not Solved
Waiting for reply...Help me out
Not Solved
Hi Rajesh,
below are my comments in red. henceforth please post one query per thread. Except for first query, please open a new thread for each remaining questions.
1.Error Handling Mechanism - While running the scenario at the first time, how do we know that there will be an exception..
Please elaborate

2.How to identify the functionality bugs?
What exactly you are looking for?

3.Other than regression testing(sometimes it fails to identify the object properties in playback method)..QTP is similar to manual testing..Then why we are moving to QTP?
Please read out information on Software testing concepts, difference between manual and automated testing, and benifts of using automation testing

4.Descriptive programming takes more time than record and playback..Then why we are in need of descriptive programming?as the record and playback method is time consuming one??
your question is not clear you are saying both the things are time consuming. it seems you have not done your homework on DP. please search this forum you will find lots of information on this

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please suggest me some books to learn vbscript basics for qtp GSuba 0 2,458 04-17-2011, 08:53 PM
Last Post: GSuba
  Please suggest some books to learn VBScript basics for qtp. Pls share if u have any. GSuba 0 3,931 04-08-2011, 12:55 AM
Last Post: GSuba
  QTP basics- invoke browseer and navigate the website address vaigundamoorthy 6 10,296 12-15-2008, 11:55 AM
Last Post: sreekanth chilam