Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP Error
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
Hello,
I am quite new to QTP. I tried to record and run the very basic flight reservation application test and i got the following error when i tried to run it.

Cannot find the "Agent Name:" object's parent "Login" (class Dialog). Verify that parent properties match an object currently displayed in your application.

Line (1):
Code:
"Dialog("Login").WinEdit("Agent Name:").Set "agent1"".

Tip: If the objects in your application have changed, the Maintenance Run Mode can
help you identify and update your steps and/or the objects in your repository.

I suspect it is because QTP doesn't open flight reservation application on starting the run sequence, because it works when i open the flight reservation manually after i click run. My question is...how do i get QTP to open the flight reservation application itself and run the full sequence of steps. Can someone pls help in this regard?
open QTP >> click on Automation from top level menu>>click on Record and Run Setting >>click on windows application tab>> do the neccessary changes
then run the script

Please let me know If I m wrong .
Try the following code:

Code:
SystemUtil.Run "C:\Program Files\HP\QuickTest Professional\samples\flight\app\flight4a.exe"

In case the path is different in your machine, provide the correct path.
(04-12-2011, 03:17 PM)prodipto_dutta Wrote: open QTP >> click on Automation from top level menu>>click on Record and Run Setting >>click on windows application tab>> do the neccessary changes
then run the script

Please let me know If I m wrong .

Thanks...that helped. It opens the application now.
(04-12-2011, 06:44 PM)PrabhatN Wrote: Try the following code:

Quote:SystemUtil.Run "C:\Program Files\HP\QuickTest Professional\samples\flight\app\flight4a.exe"

In case the path is different in your machine, provide the correct path.

Thanks that was helpful. May i ask if you know any other way i can have the application print that code without having to enter it in manually. It works with prodipto_dutta's suggestion but the code you provided still doesn't show. Any suggestions?