Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP Error
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago Question 
Hi,

I had tried QTP 11 free trial on a Windows 7 (64-bit OS) with our Windows based application (with .NET 2 Framework). I also selected the .NET Add-in before recording the script however getting the following error and was not able to record anything.

Quick Test Terminal Emulator Support is not configured correctly.
Either the terminal emulator is not installed on your computer, or
HLLAPI DLL was not found.

From the above what I could understand was that Terminal Emulator is not configured properly. However I have the following questions.

(1) I guess my company uses Hummingbird,..how to configure a Hummingbird Terminal Emulator?
(2) What are the steps for Configuration? What parameters/values needs to be provided?
(3) On .NET3 framework does the Terminal Emulator setup has to be different from .NET4 framework?...If so, what should be the changes?..

Now my company had upgraded to .NET 3 Framework recently and soon planning to upgrade to .NET4 framework.

What are my best options?...My company used to use a temp testing tool which is not supporting with .NET3 framework, old tool only used to work with .NET2 framework. I want to use QTP 11 for our windows based application as QTP has lot of advanced features than other testing tools.

Please suggest a solution. Help appreciated.

Thanks,
Angie
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
Please see the QTP user guide.
@ Ravi,

I don't see this issue resolution in QTP userguide anywhere! which section of QTP userguide are you referring to???!

Regards,
Angie
Quick Test professional help file-->HP Quick Test Professionaly Add-ins Guide-->Terminal Emulator Add-in-->Using Terminal Emulator configuration Wizard.