Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP Execution Problem
Not Solved
Hi guys,
I am using QTP10.0,windows7.
I have implemented a project in Hybrid Frame work.
I have a Problem in QTP Script Execution.
I execute the scenarios by using Task Scheduler.(Every day at 7:30 AM)
from Past 3 days while executing the scenarios it is repeatedly executing first 12 steps in first scenario only.
In the 12th line I have code related to upload Image. After setting the Path it is not clicking on Open button.that time qtp is waiting for some time and it skiping to First line and it starting executing from line 1.
and without using task scheduler i'm not getting any Problem.
how can i resolve this issue?
Do I need to do any IE settings for closing the window automatically after setting the path.
Please Share your thoughts ASAP.
Kindly refer screenshot.

Attached Files Image(s)

Not Solved
sorry to say your question / problem is not purely clear.....r u running more than one script by scheduler?????from which some steps of first script is running repeatedly ?????

is dat so????then open that test and check the test is running for how many itaration from settings-->Run tab....or else be clear abt the problem....
Not Solved
I think you could not understand my Question.I execute more than one script.
In the first script i'm getting problem.so i can't Proceed further.
Setting Every thing is fine. I have done the settings for one iteration only.
Refer screen shot for understanding Question.
Not Solved
Just a thought, but is the schedular running with the correct OS permissions?

So the running program has permissions to access the file system.
Not Solved
If it is throwing such kind of error, it should throw same error without using any batch and directlry executing in qtp environment!
Fix it there first and then schedule it.

And if it goes to first step of action from there means you have set "run on all iterations" mode with some rows in global sheet
Not Solved
**QTP is opened in Read only mode when we used Scheduler**
Hi Friends,
When we are using Task Scheduler to open QTP, QTP opened in Read only mode, Due to that reason if object is not identified in the application again QTP went to again first step of the script. But if we are executing scripts without scheduler, QTP opened in Normal mode. We are getting problem when we are using Task scheduler. Is it possible to open QTP in Normal mode by using scheduler.
Can you please share your thoughts..!

Please look into the attached screen shot

Attached Files Image(s)

Not Solved
@Ramamohana
create a separate thread for your problem
Not Solved
Hi RAJPES,
My problem and nelmanoj problem are same. He is my team mate, So thats why i have added this issue in this thread
Not Solved
Not sure, but it may be the code used to launch the test that the scheduler runs. Check it for the option to open the test in normal mode or write a custom QTP test opener in VBscript.
Not Solved
ok create a simple script with only one line of code
msgbox "hello" and schedule it, check if this also show in read only mode? If no, your test is being accessed by some other user in some machine

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to catch the script execution when QTP scripts are executed from command line Sreeni.lutukurthy 0 2,687 03-19-2015, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Sreeni.lutukurthy
  Sybase connectivity and PROC execution by QTP 10 guin.anirban 0 2,452 06-14-2011, 11:33 PM
Last Post: guin.anirban
  Error during execution of QTP script prasadworld321 6 7,061 04-22-2010, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Vandembergue