Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP-Flash Wetable - Flex3.0.0
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi All,

I need an urgent help on this .. my application has webtable (grid- collection of records) built in flash. I have installed - Flex 3.0.0 and selected the addin in the QTP. But my new test stil shows the flash webtable as a single object (winobject). I am anable to solve this problem ... please somebody help me.

I use QTP 10.0 and IE 7.0 which supports flash player .

Any help is mush appreciated.

Swetha
Hi EveryOne...

IS there a solution for my problem? Does QTP support Flash testing at all ? Everytime I click on the Flash grid it only shows/detects one win object -"acromediaFlashPlayerActiveX". Installed Flex 3.0 too. Please reply if there is any solution. btw I even tried descripive programming but of no use.

Thanks in advance
Swetha
Any help please ???
You need to know what version of Flash you are using, based on that you need check whether its respective SDK version is deployed in the environment whether application is deployed, only then the QTP will recognize the object. We are in similar state for one of our project where the dev team does not which part of the code to be edited to deployed .swc file to make QTP to recognize the flex objects.
You need compile Flex shockwave file in your server, only then you Flex add-in will be able to identify the components.
If third party controls are used or custom controls are used, flex add-in will not be able to identify the objects. There is no solution for it.
You can others softwares like Egg Plant or Sikuli.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recovery Scenario with Flash bugrizm 0 1,828 09-03-2012, 07:01 PM
Last Post: bugrizm
  Flash Player application QTP can not able to detect buttons sathishvaleti 0 3,447 12-02-2011, 07:07 PM
Last Post: sathishvaleti
  Get multiline text in a cell of a Wetable Satyabrata Saha 1 2,923 06-21-2011, 11:58 AM
Last Post: parminderdhiman84
  Flash object Identification QTPian 0 1,984 08-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Last Post: QTPian
Wink flash issue please Guide. chetan-24 1 1,853 12-29-2008, 04:25 PM
Last Post: nageshpv