Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP - Flex performance problems
Not Solved
Hi All,

Has anyone experienced performance problems automating a flex application using QTP.

I'm currently using QTP 9.1.
I've tried 9.5 but the speeds are the same.

I'm using the object repository, and it currently takes 3-4 seconds inserting values into each field.

so a page that has 20 fields will take me about 1 minute to fill all the fields, which is very slow for QTP?

Cheers,
Not Solved
Hi,
i am trying to automate Flex application using QTP.
But its identifying as a multimedia ActiveXControls.kindly let me know the procedure to identifying the objects.
i have installed QTP9.5(no patches applied)+Flex3.0.0 ..
what else required...
my mail id:gkreddy@techmahindra.com
gkreddy5410@gmail.com
Millions of Thanks in Advance
Not Solved
Greetings.

It appears that our Low-level recording records the same object (VBscript) description, name (WinObject(“MacromediaFlashPlayerActiveX”) for a Flex button (or ANY Flex control) as it does for the window that the control is in. We use QTP 9.5 with Flex 3.0.0 for QTP, with an ANT Flex application.

How can we record to make the VBScript to differentiate the child controls from their parent window, so that we can tell which control the code line represents, and indeed, be able to capture the “onClick” event of a button, for example? (BTW, we find that only Low-level recording works with the Flex controls in our application.)
An urgent suggestion or fix would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Steve
ss.mba@verizon.net
Not Solved
Hi,

You need to install and plug-in on the QTP side before you can hit flex objects in an app.

Here is a useful link:

http://weblogs.macromedia.com/lin/archiv...config.cfm

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problem Automating Flex App - UFT 12.01 + Flex 4.6 SDK + IE 10,11 + OS windows 7,8 64 kamle 4 3,617 12-24-2014, 05:48 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  QTP with Flex sumanhyd 0 1,665 10-12-2014, 02:01 PM
Last Post: sumanhyd
  Problems installing LearnQuickTest PDF API dplank 1 2,525 09-02-2014, 12:24 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  QTP FLEX rsiva 0 1,632 01-16-2014, 07:20 PM
Last Post: rsiva
  QTP 11.0 not recognizing flex objects Julie M 0 2,658 12-23-2013, 11:54 PM
Last Post: Julie M