Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP - How to use another actions localsheet
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago Question 
If you have several reusable actions in a script, can they access the parameters from a different datasheet?

Say I have 3 reusable actions in a test script which contain several parameters in each. I know that some of the parameters needed in all three actions are generic so rather than enter them in each of the three actions, I’d like to just tell QTP which datasheet to get the parameter from (similar to what you can do in excel).

I know I could use the global datasheet rather than localsheets, but the volume of parameters would make the global datasheet “messy”. So I hoping there is a way to simply define which datasheet to look at.

Anyone know how to do this? (if it can be done at all).

Thanks in advance for any help on this.
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
Hi,

Yes,
First Way of Doing: you could fetch the required local sheet data at required place by using Datatable.Value("Parameter ID","Sheet ID") here u could mention required local sheet as sheet id but the issue here is handling the data in a iteration manner would be some what difficult, As per my knowldge handling the data in interation manner option was available in QTP9.2 and it is not available in QTP 10. So it is always suggestable data handling from Global sheet and u could import it at required place

Second Way of Doing: U could use excel objects to handle the data at required places.. Which can be done using vb script.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Venkat.Batchu

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to call Actions from other Actions Naresh 1 7,705 09-25-2014, 10:26 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  Dependent iteration between global and localsheet zingcrazy 2 3,304 01-10-2013, 03:12 PM
Last Post: nilanjans
  Actions in QTP geet 1 3,236 12-30-2011, 05:52 PM
Last Post: ravi.gajul
  QTP is not performing any actions eventhough it is running niftynikki 1 2,344 04-26-2011, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Saket
Question RE: Webtable - GetCellData to LocalSheet - another question boludes 3 4,032 01-25-2011, 07:46 PM
Last Post: boludes