Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP Not Playing Back
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi all,

I have recorded a script using the flight application. Once I try to run the script QTP gets stuck. It will open the application but does not sight in. It just freezes there.

Below is my script:

Code:
Dialog("Login").WinEdit("Agent Name:").Set "mercury"
Dialog("Login").WinEdit("Password:").SetSecure "4b02161a08c9a79913bdbf3d5fc636ce0077723e"
Dialog("Login").WinButton("OK").Click
Window("Flight Reservation").WinObject("Date of Flight:").Type "112309"
Window("Flight Reservation").WinComboBox("Fly From:").Select "Denver"
Window("Flight Reservation").WinComboBox("Fly To:").Select "London"
Window("Flight Reservation").WinButton("FLIGHT").Click
Window("Flight Reservation").Dialog("Flights Table").WinButton("OK").Click
Window("Flight Reservation").WinEdit("Name:").Set "mer"
Window("Flight Reservation").WinButton("Insert Order").Click
Window("Flight Reservation").WinButton("Update Order").Click
Window("Flight Reservation").Close

I am using QTP 9.5 and IE V.7. they are comparable. I have no problems with qtp but this issue.

I greatly appreciate you help!... thanks for stopping by.. please do help me sort my issue.

Thanks in advance...
I guess you dont have the flight application is open there before running this script.
make sure you have launched qtp first and then your application.

I have qtp and the flight application open!... otherwise how could I run this script?

the problem is one i run the script qtp will open the light app but not able to move forward even though the script has a log in name and PWD and so on....
OK, if I am getting it right you want QTP to launch the application and login.
Only login statements are not sufficient, you will need to insert the statements for launching the application.
Try inserting the below statement before all your statements above
Code:
SystemUtil.Run "C:\Program Files\HP\QuickTest Professional\samples\flight\app\flight4a.exe"

Hi Saket,

thanks for your time and hard effort to help.

As per my understanding the flight app is with in QTP and it is windows application. before you record you have to tell qtp to open it in the "RECORD AND RUN SETTING" . Am I clear?...

therefore I don't need to put the log in statement you have suggested. Other people have used qtp and recorded the same way i have and they are able to run it. the script is not any diff from mine. we are not able to realize what is wrong with the qtp i have installed on my laptop.

attached the screen shot of this issue I am having.

is there any one that can help!... any one that faced this issue?......

THIS IS VERY URGENT FOR ME SO PLEASE IF ANYONE HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE PLEASE HELP!....

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi ,

Hope you are Working with Microsoft Windows Vista.If yes, check out the below.

On Windows Vista, QuickTest Professional seat licenses may not work correctly if you are not logged on as an administrator. (Note that concurrent licenses work as usual.)
Workaround: On Windows Vista, install QuickTest Professional and any QuickTest add-ins as an administrator. To do this, right-click setup.exe from the root folder of the QuickTest Professional installation DVD and choose Run as administrator.

I am not sure this would solve your issue but wanted to suggest you to look into.Smile
Hi sreekanth,

Thanks for helping out!...

Yes, You maybe correct. I will have to try that and see if it helps. will update you on that.

Thanks again!...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scripts back up Sathiya 0 1,718 09-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Sathiya
  BACK GROUND COLOUR OF A PARTICULAR AREA IN A SEARCH WINDOW remya 1 2,065 11-22-2010, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Saket
  When key press , It is not recording , and while playing , showing an error message sachinmathew 2 2,125 04-24-2009, 06:02 PM
Last Post: sachinmathew
Question navigating back and forth between environment while recording scripts testingfool 0 1,524 10-28-2008, 03:29 AM
Last Post: testingfool
  Checking back ground color newqtp 0 1,826 02-12-2008, 11:09 PM
Last Post: newqtp