Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP Opens a popup window but won't recognize the buttons in the window
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
I get this error:

Cannot identify the object "Add a button" (of class WinObject). Verify that this object's properties match an object currently displayed in your application.

Line (3):
Code:
"Window("NorthStar Desktop").Window("Window").WinObject("Add a button").Click 124,31".
Tip: If the objects in your application have changed, the Maintenance Run Mode can
help you identify and update your steps and/or the objects in your repository.

I have tried to run in Maintenance mode and to have the Object Repository Manager learn it with no success.

Thanks.
Hi,
Why are you going for low level recording? Instead go for normal recording and proceed....
I am in normal recording mode.
Low level and analog are grayed out

thanks,
It almost looks as though my normal recording is recording like I am using low level recording.
I looked at an older version of the test and I see it saved certain things as text etc whereas I am only getting objects and winobjects whether I use normal mode or low level mode.

Could there be a problem with my install?
Code:
"Window("NorthStar Desktop").Window("Window").WinObject("Add a button").Click 124,31".

if QTP har recognized as winobject means QTP is not recognizing u r button (WinObject).
if this is the error then go with virtual object creation for the winobject(Button) and your problem will be solved

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
MyBB how can i automatically click ok button in msgbox popup test 11 24,029 07-12-2022, 11:50 PM
Last Post: akash warke
  Unable to recognize objects in SilverLight application through QTP Guest877 1 2,509 08-03-2018, 08:33 AM
Last Post: Manisha
  Execute button of putton won't be clicke automaticly in UFT (VB) MarUFT 3 2,445 11-21-2016, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Close popup ad windows dustwynn 1 2,750 10-25-2016, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Path of Flight reservation Window is not recorded in HP UFT 12.52 version mailtokopalverma@gmail.com 1 2,395 04-01-2016, 05:34 PM
Last Post: vinod123