Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP/QC installation
Not Solved
Hello,

I'm a beginner with QTP/QC. We will be using it onsite except for one user that will be working via a VPN.

We have just purchased 1 license Mercury Functional Testing Package
and 5 concurrent licenses QC.

I have doubts about what is best for the initial installation,

1. Shall I install both QC and the functional testing concurrent license server in the same Server machine?

2. I assume that anyone wanting to run either QC or QTP shall have the corresponding SW installed at their PCs in the normal way, including the VPN user, is that right? or is there anything special about the VPN?

3. Where is project data/scripts stored?

We will be using MS SQL Server, and that seems to me a good choice for storing the QC project data rather than files, but are the QTP scripts also stored in the SQL database when QC and QTP are integrated? or are the scripts stored in a folder structure at the Server machine (in a shared hard drive)?
Not Solved
Hi,

For your third question, I think you can store your QTP Scripts in quality center.
I follow the same procedure in my project. All the test scripts, function libraries, repository files we can store in qtp.

I dont have any idea about SQL Server.
Not Solved
Thanks Rajesh for the reply,

I am looking forward to storing the QC project data in an SQL database, but I am not sure whether the QTP scripts can be stored there as well or not.

With respect to my second question, I understand that:

- Functional Testing concurrent license server shall be installed in a server, and then Functional Testing SW can be installed at any machine that will potentially be running it (even if we only got one license).

- QC shall be installed in the server, and all potential clients can access to it by means of a web browser connecting to http://application_server_name: port_number/qcbin

Is this right? Or do client machines need anything else to access QC?
Not Solved
Hi alfie,

I am not very sure we can store our qc project data in an sql server. I am accessing my database with the help of toad.

I dont have enough knowledge about concurrent licence, i am using seat licence.
I am sorry I dont have much idea about ur questions, i will ask my friends and will let u know soon.

thanks,
rajesh
Not Solved
Alfie,
Your questions are more related to infrastructure team than QTP.

1) The best people to tell you this is hp support.

Quote:2)- Functional Testing concurrent license server shall be installed in a server, and then Functional Testing SW can be installed at any machine that will potentially be running it (even if we only got one license).

- QC shall be installed in the server, and all potential clients can access to it by means of a web browser connecting to http://application_server_name: port_number/qcbin

Yes, perfect.

3) You can store the scripts anywhere as long your machine running QTP can access them.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Not Solved
Hi,

I run the qtp script placed in qc . I dont use any SW .tyou need to run the scritps for mthe local hosts itself

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QTP installation sswapnilt 0 1,690 12-31-2014, 04:46 PM
Last Post: sswapnilt
  QTP installation issue abhishaku 1 2,421 06-17-2013, 12:48 AM
Last Post: supputuri
  QTP 11 setup installation problem. ankk 6 17,383 12-17-2012, 07:06 AM
Last Post: nili
  QTP 11 Evaluation installation file not having executable file Akhila 2 4,106 10-19-2012, 12:04 AM
Last Post: gdp9600
  Automating installation and uninstallation process ksrikanth2k9 0 2,397 04-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Last Post: ksrikanth2k9