Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP Recording problem
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hello Ankur,

I am not able to record some part of my tutorial. For e.g
1. when i click on start button and open calculator, it doesn't record
2. When i make short-cut of calculator still it doesn't record
3. I clicked on the 'Flight' turorial from HP and record, it opened the page but when i click on 'file' menu and click on exit...it doesn't record.

I'm learning QTP and installed trial version but it is vey sad that i stuck up and couldn't learn. Please help me.

Details of ex.3 is as below :-
try simple solution restart the QTP.
Hello Jay,
Thanks for your reply.
I restarted the QTP and tried also.. I think something is wrong with window application recording. It works fine with web base application. evne in window recording, it doesn't open the 'Flight' tutorial...once open it records the data...plz tell me..it doesn't record only opening of window application and then record..plz suggest...
try this:
go to add/remove program in control panel
select QTP installation
there is a option here change/repair
go through the onscreen instructions

if something wrong with the QTP setup then this will resolve
Hi,

Solution: Make sure to launch QTP as Administrator. For this, right click on qtp icon and select run as administrator. If this dosent solve the problem, I would suggest to reinstall it. Login the machine as Administrator, right click on setup.exe and select run as administrator .
hope it will work.
Thanks Guys,
I tried and reinstalled it but it did not work out. I Copy-pasted below command but it did not run it.
1. Dialog("Login").Activate
2. Window("Notepad").Activate
I have my personal laptop and i always log-in with my log-in id but when i reinstall it, i ran it as a admin....

plz let me know what can be done...
are directly running code with only copy and paste?

if no OR present for this you wan't be able to run. First try record and they run. Objects should be presents in OR to recognizie by QTP unless you are usign DP.
Thanks Jay,

First of all, what is DP? Yes, i directly copy-pasting it...and i got the msg that there is no object.....
I'm using Window7 and i think there is some problem with Window because i checked with word document and it is recording on that. One problem i'm facing that when i open word document by copy-paste...it doesn't record but when i keep it open and record....It records...what could be the reason...it may be i have selecte the radio button 'Run on any open window'
First,
Go to Automation-->Record and run setting --> Windows application tab.
make sure that you have selected Record and Run test on any windows based application.
Run on any open window is the right option.

Go through the options available here. If you have selected ‘recode application mentioned below’ option then QTP will record only those application which are mentioned here

Second,
DP is descriptive programming in which we provide object description in the line itself.
Ex:
Browser("name:=Google", "creationTime:=0").Click
what you are using is not DP. QTP goes to OR for object properties and it will lean which object to choose based on the Object. GO through to
help for more details .
Ex:
Browser("brw_google").Click
This is the basic concepts you should learn first.

Thanks a lot!! I got it!!

Thanks Shama,
I followed your suggestion. Eventhough it did not work out in my case but i learned something new...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QTP Recording Rakesh Sahukari 0 1,609 11-03-2013, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Rakesh Sahukari
  QTP 11.5 recording issue anupam4j 0 1,597 02-05-2013, 05:20 PM
Last Post: anupam4j
  qtp not recording all the steps kp_usa 1 2,435 12-21-2012, 02:46 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  QTP is not recording script pkdhake 4 3,282 12-07-2012, 10:26 PM
Last Post: geetha_QTP
  QTP recording problems Masa 2 2,321 11-11-2012, 08:28 AM
Last Post: Masa