Jump to the post that solved this thread.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP Stuck at Opening stage
Solved: 9 Years, 11 Months, 1 Week ago
Hi Team,

I am trying to execute 10 QTP Scripts from QC in remoet machine. For initial 4-5 scripts every thing goes fine, but after that when remote agent tryies to open next script in QTP, it fails. QTP shows "Opening" status in status bar but does not open the script. From this point to any other script, I have to close and relaunch QTP.

Have attached the snapshot.

Can any one help me out of this issue please. Thanks.

Attached Files Image(s)

We too are seeing this issue and have not been able to figure out what the issue is. I have tried to find a pattern to when it happens but no luck. If you figure it out, please post the solution and I will do the same.
Did you ever find out any information on this? I have turned up nothing.
Solved: 9 Years, 11 Months, 1 Week ago Shy 
I found one option in "QTP Remote Agent" setting to restart the testing tool after given number of iteration( You can set the number of iteration after tool has to be restarted).

It has resolved my issue. Smile
I have tried that before, actually have it set to restart after 1 occurrence, although I tried many different numbers, but we are still seeing the issue. I am using Business Process Tests, not just QTP tests, not sure if that makes a difference but your fix doesn't work for me. Very frustrating.
Jump to the post that solved this thread.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Error while opening test run results vkalyankar 3 4,001 11-12-2014, 09:49 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  QTP is not recording the first step of opening Flight reservation app srinanduri 2 2,974 08-06-2013, 09:59 PM
Last Post: srinanduri
  Having issue in opening QTP test newqtp 0 1,750 01-22-2013, 08:47 PM
Last Post: newqtp
  Issue in opening QTP Tool kschidam 0 2,018 06-26-2012, 02:26 PM
Last Post: kschidam
  Error opening the sample Mercury tours website akilashanmugam 0 2,674 06-15-2012, 04:43 PM
Last Post: akilashanmugam