Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP Test (regression testing)
Solved: 10 Years, 4 Months ago
Hi There,

I was wondering if it's possible to run a testscript (regressiontesting) where on handling is done by thousands of users at ones.
To combine loadtesting and regressiontesting in one.

Thanks.

Regards,

Joya
I wouldn't prophese using QTP as a tool to perform a load test for the regression scripts. Maybe, functionally you would be able to achieve the time taken for each scenario execution and probably potray it from an automation execution report, however, using it as a benchmark for response time by the application is incorrect.

LoadRunner or any Performance Tool should be able to give you accurate or confident results.

EOD you shouldn't end up mixing Oil and Water Smile
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Hi Basanth,

Thank you for your respond. So if I read your answer right, it should be possible to combine regressiontesting and performancetesting in once with LoadRunner or any other performance tool?
I know it isn't best practice to mix those two up, but if the possibility is there why not try it outSmile
If you are running tests to determine the application response then it is Performance testing which needs to be done by a performance test tool like Loadrunner, jmeter etc.

If you are executing scripts to test the functionality of the application to ensure that the changes have not caused any breaks in the application then that is regression testing which is done by a functional test tool like QTP, TestComplete etc.

Probably i wasnt clear in the first place. Kindly excuse.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Get the Parent Folder name in Test Plan for a Test from Test Lab using QTP godsown 0 5,939 09-29-2011, 04:55 PM
Last Post: godsown