Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP actions Vanishing from Test Flow
Not Solved Question 
Hello,

I recently began having issues where my re-usuable actions will vanish from my test flow. I have designed my tests to be extremely modular, broken up across multiple actions. Due to the nature of the App I'm testing, I broke these actions into two seperate QTP test. These actions were then called from a third (master) QTP Test which controlled the entire test flow from a spreadsheet (Data Driven).

--Problem 1--
My actions began disappearing from the test flow frame. The files for the action located in the Action# folder still remained and the calls within the QTP script still remained as well. Once more the actions did not report as a missing resource. They just simply did not appear in the test flow. I've found this to be extremely random and hard to repeat. It seems they just fail to be loaded when loading a test. If I closed QTP and re-opened it along with the test sometimes they re-appear.

If I add another action with the same name, Magically the action re-appears in the test flow, however, it is actually just the new action listed twice. The only way to get back the action I've found is to hope QTP re-loads it, or to copy the code out of the MTS File and re-create the action.

--Problem 2--
When linking actions across tests, I've found that not all actions are listed in the Action Drop Down List. All of the actions are re-usuable. I found that if trying to call an action from within the same test works fine, however, when trying to call the action from an external test not all the actions are listed. The attachment contains screenshots which show the action missing from the drop-down list.

If anyone has any insight to what might be causing this any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files Image(s)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are the types of actions in QTP? ritugoyal 5 16,407 07-29-2013, 10:39 AM
Last Post: sravan3
  Get the Parent Folder name in Test Plan for a Test from Test Lab using QTP godsown 0 5,939 09-29-2011, 04:55 PM
Last Post: godsown
  How to perform drag and drop actions in qtp venkatbatchu 4 27,535 12-20-2010, 10:22 AM
Last Post: sbheem
  Running QTP scripts(in batch) through Quality Center When further reusable actions ar ritugoyal 5 7,506 07-11-2009, 11:52 AM
Last Post: ritugoyal
  Call to COPY of Actions from QC8.2 (file system) to QTP 9.5 not copying the actions govqa 0 2,301 05-13-2009, 01:44 PM
Last Post: govqa