Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP automation framework
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
Please provide sample component files for QTP automation framework so as to get clear understanding of the concept.

Also, I want to know "if there is a specific way of executing QTP scripts".
I was asked in an interview, whether i was involved in writing scripts, and execution of scripts as well.
Pl send files to my email id:sho_rolli@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance.
shobha.
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
I am a beginner too. I have the same questions still partially open in my mind. So far, I have found two ways to automate?
1. There is a tool called TestBatchRunner {Programs->QuickTestProfessional->Tools->TestBatchRunner}; In this we can batch(add) tests and run them in sequence.
2. In QTP Professional, Go to Professional Help, Go to VBScript Reference, We have "Running your scripts" help. See there. Windows Script Host is a windows tool to run VBScript and We know we have scripts inside our test/actions..etc. I think, the key here is, when you automate, we have to write a (lets say) VB script to does the following for us:
a. open QTP
b. open our test
c. run the existing test
d. close QTP.
This is a simple template of automation. In addition to these steps, we should be able to do lots like: pass data to the test, interpret the test results and write something to a file, etc... as much as you can imagine fed by necessity and experience.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Handling .NET framework menu in webpage using QTP 10 vishnu1067 0 2,208 05-15-2014, 05:30 PM
Last Post: vishnu1067
  Architecture of QTP framework ramesh 0 3,142 09-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Last Post: ramesh
  Why do we need dot net framework as a pre-requisite for installing qtp? esatysh 1 4,399 08-29-2013, 02:24 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Qtp Framework sia sharma 2 2,756 07-13-2012, 04:55 PM
Last Post: sia sharma
  Qtp Framework sia sharma 2 2,614 06-14-2012, 05:12 PM
Last Post: sia sharma