Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP can't see objects on a web page.
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
I'm using a demo version of QuickTest Professional 11.0, and having problems with it. The "Web" "ActiveX" and "Java" add-ins are all loaded, according to the Add-In Manager. When I go to "File / Settings" then under "Properties" I have the Associated add-ins "ActiveX" "Java" and "Web" all checked. But QTP refuses to see the objects on a web page. That is...

1) If I use the Object Spy, the Object Spy will see only the browser window, and not any of the objects in it, e.g. links and fields. In fact, the Object Spy window says "WinObject objects do not support run-time object properties." All of this is true whether I use the Object Spy from QTP itself, or from the Object Repository Manager.

2) If I record, QTP doesn't record that I put data into edit fields, or click links. It only registers that I close the browser window.

3) When I use "Navigate and Learn" the Repository Manager records the controls in the browser, but none of the objects on the page.

4) When I migrate a test from an older version of QTP (9.5), then the first time the test hits a line that refers to any object on a page, QTP gives me an error that it can't find it.

Is there some setting I have to change somewhere?

In case this information is relevant, I'm running it on a virtual machine that uses Windows 7.

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention the version of IE I'm using: 9.0.8112.16421.
IE 9 is not supported
8 is supported
Thank you. Since IE 9 doesn't seem to support Windows 7, our network administrator set up another virtual machine with Windows XP, and QTP seems to work on that.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile If Then Is Always True For Web Objects zunebuggy 1 779 04-17-2020, 04:30 AM
Last Post: zunebuggy
  click each web link in a page using Index or other method in QTP smeijer 13 23,670 04-29-2017, 04:53 PM
Last Post: kowshik
  VB Script to count number of links in a web page. Suma Parimal 4 24,751 07-01-2015, 12:59 PM
Last Post: govind
  How to connect two web element objects? zawarepradeep@gmail.com 1 2,528 07-23-2014, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Spy is not deteting Web objects ssandula 0 1,824 11-25-2013, 04:33 PM
Last Post: ssandula